recording AM/ FM radio programs to iMac
Feb 12, 2007 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

noseallinit

500+ Head-Fier
there are AM/ FM radio talk and music programs that I like to listen to that come on during hours that I should be in bed and even when I am not. what I would like to be able to do is record these programs to me iMac so I can burn through iTunes onto CD or even transfer to an iPod to listen to later on. I also want to be able to edit and put in track marks between programs. anyone know of a good solution for me?

thanks!

Feb 12, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 4
The best thing to do is to wander into your nearest Mac shop and have a look around, because they'll have things like this on show.

That said, the Griffin radio SHARK 2 seems to be what you're looking for. I've never tried it myself, though. Just seen it in my local Mac shop
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calroth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best thing to do is to wander into your nearest Mac shop and have a look around, because they'll have things like this on show.

That said, the Griffin radio SHARK 2 seems to be what you're looking for. I've never tried it myself, though. Just seen it in my local Mac shop
tongue.gif

the Radio Shark looks pretty cool! I like the idea of being able to set up to record programs while I am asleep. I may have to try and get this later on.

I wans't specific enough but I was looking for more in the way of software. Sure wish that free SnapTune on their site was an option for Mac.

I have a really good tuner and antenna sitting above me iMac and was hoping to use it. Until last night I had never really played around with GarageBand. I figured out that it will easily record the radio programs I want to capture. sure wish I had tried to figure it out before.

has anyone else used GarageBand to capture radio programs or other recorded sources? ans then import to iTunes for burning onto CD or transfer to the iPod.

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 4
DONT DO IT,,,,
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED,
http://rogueamoeba.com/

your want Audio Hijack Pro, AND Fission,

with AHP you can record any source, with any encoding you want, i use it to record pandora, and then you use fission to break them up and edit the tags, also its a lossless edit, and i think the whole interface is golden, download them and try it, i'm a huge fan, you can use it to get your vinyl to lossless or you can use it to record anything you want, any audio, even from dvd player or line in, this setup would use your line input from a radio, you would kinda have to set it and forget it, then cut off the ends you dont' want, i'll leave it on pandora all day then go back and find the stuff i wanted, and edit it up.

good luck
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back