1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Recoomend me a good 2 channel system and subwoofer

1. Thracian
    I've seen people selling the Swan M200 mk3 and a Audioengine P4 selling for cheap. Don't know anything about speakers though :/ the p4 seems ok, as I've an can use a receiver and amplifier lying around from my dad. However, something I can drive out of my Asgard2 or Bifrost would be best.

About the subs, I'm a newb, so recommendations would me good!

I would spend about $600 on everything. Just want some thing to listen to when I'm not using my headphones. Any help would be good ^_^

2. obobskivich
    You know to use the car equipment you'll need a fairly robust DC power source, right? :xf_eek:

Anyways, Asgard 2 can function as a preamp, so active monitors would be suitable for that environment (if you want to use Asgard 2 as the front-end). Adding a sub (correctly) will be kind of a bear though. Basically pick out an active monitor you like, buy two, and see if there exists a matching subwoofer from the same manufacturer.

3. Herky151
    If you pick up a pair of swan m200mk3 new, it will be around $500 with shipping, not leaving a ton of room for a sub. I have no clue what they sell for used. I love mine dearly but the tweeters are really directional which some people don't prefer