Recommended Portable amp for B&O H6 (Gen. 1)?
Jan 3, 2017 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bubblejuice

500+ Head-Fier
I read these really need a small/decent amp to get the best out of them. But I have these headphones on the way because I wanted a very portable set of high quality headphones. (IEMs in the price range were just not working out for me. I needed a more full sound). After a ton of research, I decided the H6 were for me. But I've yet to hear either Generation.

A small amp isn't a problem for me, so long as it has a small footprint. I know the Creative E1 exists, but I was curious to know if there are any other solid alternatives that bring out the best in these headphones. Something that's small enough to maybe even not notice, but powerful enough to do what it needs to. I'd be driving from an iPhone 6 most of the time, and occasionally from a Macbook.

I have a JDS O2 amp at home for other power needs.

I appreciate any info! 

If this has been answered elsewhere, i'd appreciate the link. I haven't found much recent (2016) info about this. 

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm looking for one too, but most smartphone are in 24bit/96khz dac, and H6 has 22ohm which are easy to drive.  so I'm not sure it will benefit that much from portable one.  the one I look at is the oppo ha2se.  has amp+32/384khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back