Recommendations?
Dec 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

halcyon_logic

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi, I'm a new user here. I am very impressed by this forum. Many users, and most seem quite knowledgeable. It is, in essence, an audiophile knowledge base!

Impressions aside, I'd like to ask a favor, I need recommendations on headphones/amp/source. You see, for about 2 months now, I have not been able to listen to transportable music! I know, it is such a travesty! Reason being, my headphones were stolen. To assist such misfortune, my iPod nano was getting a bit old, and it's buttons ceased to work not long after that... reasonably, you can believe my quality of life has decreased a bit.

So, I have been saving what funds I can, and I think i'm able to get my audio back! This time however, I want to raise the bar! So, far, a source that appeals to me is the S:flo2 (Teclast t51) and for headphones, the yuin pk1. Will the S:flo2 be able to amp the yuins properly? I'll ask questions later. So, will you guys give me some source/headphone recommendations?

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

halcyon_logic

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 11
What is you budget? I do like the T51, but I don't like it's battery life, so you would probably need to get the additional battery. Amp aren't really necessary, but can be nice.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 11
My budget is around 400$ , though I wouldn't mind spending more if necessary.

For amplifiers, i've been looking for sources that include them. I just want to be sure they can effectively amp the headphones.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 11
Lots of different genres, from classical and chill/downtempo to dubstep and world.

I'd like to have a set of overall good earphones though, that don't pay attention to genres of music. And just earphones, as i didnt make it clear in the original post. I need to be able to use them in work/class etc.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 11
UM3X? The price for that one is nearly 400$ itself, My budget is for a source and earphones. Excuse me if that wasn't clear as well. My goal is to get the best earphones/source my budget will allow(400-460$) Thanks for your continuing input however.

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #11 of 11
Excuse the double post please, but I need to purchase them today...

Again, just want a source that has a built-in amp, enough to drive some nice 'phones, i'd also like to it to have SD removable memory capabilities. If it could play videos that also be a plus. however i wouldnt need it to have wi-fi and such. i have a laptop for that.

And for the 'phones, whether it be IEMS or earphones, I need them to not provide pure isolation, as i'll be walking around with them. the reason i want iems/earphones in the first place is i'll be using them where huge cans can't go. such as work etc. I need them to have bass as i listen to a lot of bass-centric tunes. I want the bass to be deep where it needs to be, as well as punchy where it needs to be, just don't want the bas to rumble. unless, of course that rumbling is part of the song. I also need the mids/highs to be adequate as i listen to classical/lounge/chill etc.

thanks really :X a combo that meets my specs, although from my research, which may not be correct, is the yuin pk1/ok1 and the teclast51.

So if you guys could post some nice combinations or just tell me whether or not the yuin/teclast pair would fit my needs, that'd be great.( i need to know if the t51 could drive the yuins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back