++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xzobinx

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have enjoyed the high-end section for quite a long time but lately I feel this thread is polluted with the common seeking for advices for headphones from the equipment section . Please take no offense, I just want to have a clean 2end forum and don't want a messy place like the current fullsize section 
For the rules I think Olor1n had summed up everything in his post of the normal thread so I just copy the link to his post. 

Originally Posted by olor1n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, this may be a futile exercise, but hopefully we can tidy this forum up and reduce the daily replication of threads that ask the same questions.

If you're new to Head-Fi and are seeking advice, hopefully this thread will assist you in making an informed decision.

Head-Fiers are generally happy to help and can draw on a wealth of experience to shed light on a question. All you need to do is give us some context, so please outline some parameters like budget, music preferences, open or closed design, amped or unamped etc. Help us, to help you!

If this thread serves its intended purpose (and I encourage all members to help in this by referring people here), it should inform future members who'll no doubt formulate the same questions. So ask away.

Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]

[size=14.399999618530273px]Just think I should add this. I hold no credit for the post all thanks to [/size]olor1n.  I merely copy and paste his original idea so I keep the same name and rules.

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 8
So what headphones would you recommend for a more engaging sound?
I still want good clarity and all but something just a bit more punchy and exciting than my hd800...
Or maybe a more exciting amp for the hd800...
I have not heard any of the TOTL AT headphones but I've heard good things about them.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 8
SR-009 :wink:

Quote:
So what headphones would you recommend for a more engaging sound?
I still want good clarity and all but something just a bit more punchy and exciting than my hd800...
Or maybe a more exciting amp for the hd800...
I have not heard any of the TOTL AT headphones but I've heard good things about them.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 8
hi, anyone knows whether stax sr207/307/407/507+ srm-252s or audez'e LCD-2 without amp is better?

I would go the Stax route, since judging by your profile picture, you will probably prefer a Japanese tuned sound signature. The Lambdas are basically the opposite of the LCD-2 in that their upper mids and treble is brighter and gives female vocals airiness. If you're interested in trying something new with a different presentation of sound that sounds less compressed, I would definitely go for Stax. I've been using my SR-404 + SRM-323S/SRM-252S + 2Qute for the past couple weeks and I personally prefer it over the HD660S (lent to me from a friend).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back