Recommendations on next tier IEMs to replace my GR07's?
Jun 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

duckz

New Head-Fier
I had the GR07 for a little bit over a year, and unfortunately the right side broke. I'm guessing the drivers and not the wires broke since no matter how i twist the wires, the right side does not come on. I was thinking of getting higher tier IEMs, and I was wondering what you guys suggest? I really loved the balance and clarity of the GR07, though it could use just a tad bit more sub bass. I could also use a (very) sightly darker tone too. So far I was looking at either the Sennheiser IE8 or the IE80, but wasn't sure how they compared to the GR07's. I read that the IE80 is supposed to have a bit more sub bass and less mid bass than the IE8, but I don't actually know how the IE8 is compared to the GR07. Would you recommend these, or would you recommend any other next tier IEMs to me? I think I can get the IE80 for 330 dollars.

Also, isolation is not too important, but I need these to be sturdy enough so that I can bring it back and forth from my internship everyday.
Thanks!

Edit* I mostly listen to classical movie/anime OST and vocaloid, the latter of which covers a wide range of genres/sounds. There is the occasional melodic death metal in there though.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I stopped my iem search because of them
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh. That's saying a lot. Okay I'll check them out. Where did you get yours from?

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 9
I stopped my iem search because of them
smily_headphones1.gif

I wrote on the X5 thread but maybe you don't own one anymore. Another member said you have tried the pairing.
Just wanted to ask your impressions with the X5 and the dn-2000
Did you use any external amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back