Recommendations on headphones around the price range of 50-80 USD
Sep 23, 2017 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JacktheRipper777

New Head-Fier
I need a new headphone set for my laptop (ASUS ROG Strix GL553VD-FY047T 15.6). I have around 50-80usb budget and would use the headphone for films, anime, gaming and music. My preferred genres of music are jpop, anisongs, classic and lute, so I think I need to priortise female vocals and good mids.I have my eyes on koss porta pro and ur40 but some people on the net say that they are not suitable for jpop and lute music, and the bass is too strong. I live in the uk and do not care about anything else about my headphone apart from working well and giving good sound quality. People from reddit recommend me Superlux HD668b, Samson SR850 or the AKG K240 Studio for my budget but i am not sure if those headphones work well for jpop. I'd appreciate if you can point me in the right direction thx

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 6
I like the Koss KTXPRO1 more than the Porta Pro and UR40. If you listen at louder levels, you may need a headphone amp.
i am unable to find the headphone you mentioned on amazon
do you have recommendations for me that are around 50-80 dollars or 50pounds, good with female vocal and has warm middle and overall, suitable for anime songs, VNs and classic music

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 6
i am unable to find the headphone you mentioned on amazon
do you have recommendations for me that are around 50-80 dollars or 50pounds, good with female vocal and has warm middle and overall, suitable for anime songs, VNs and classic music

You could always import it from the United States, as it costs less than $20. Despite the ultra-budget price, I prefer it over more than a few more expensive headphones. Any other headphones I've heard in that price range are inferior overall, in my opinion. But just for reference, some other good headphones under $80 are the Philips SHP9500 and Audio-Technica ATH-M40x. The UR40 you mentioned is also a contender.

As for how much you'll like it with your favorite music, that's far too subjective to predict. I listen to just about everything and love Koss with all types of music, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 6
You could always import it from the United States, as it costs less than $20. Despite the ultra-budget price, I prefer it over more than a few more expensive headphones. Any other headphones I've heard in that price range are inferior overall, in my opinion. But just for reference, some other good headphones under $80 are the Philips SHP9500 and Audio-Technica ATH-M40x. The UR40 you mentioned is also a contender.

As for how much you'll like it with your favorite music, that's far too subjective to predict. I listen to just about everything and love Koss with all types of music, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will.

How is
Status Audio CB-1, and Superlux HD668B
in that regard.
Someone recommended these to me on other forums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back