Recommendations on CIEMs for EDM?
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

wheeshnaw

New Head-Fier
Hi, new account but not totally new to head-fi. I'm looking to get my first pair of custom IEMs and decided to ask directly for recommendations.

I primarily listen to EDM of various genres and so would be looking for a sound profile with elevated bass/lows and somewhat recessed mids. My price limit is about $700 but I'd prefer to spend around $500 or less. Currently my top choice is Custom Art EI.3, but if anyone has better recommendations they'd be appreciated.

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 2
I recently acquired CustomArt FIBAE3, and EDM is among the genres I typically play while working. I believe the FIBAE3 is more reference tuned, so the low response is fairly flat. That said, I do still enjoy the tight, fast sub-bass when I spin up Infected Mushroom on these. The smooth high end and well balanced nature makes for comfortable extended listening sessions. The FIBAE3 is over your preferred buget, and may not be tuned to your preferred profile, but I'm sure you can find something in their lineup that is suitable - I didn't look closely at EI.3... maybe that's the right one for your needs, actually. I had a fantastic experience working with CustomArt, so I can definitely recommend them. Also - if you're considering a cable upgrade to pair with the new IEMs, and you do end up talking with CustomArt, you might mention it to them. I was able to get a nice price break on an Effect Audio Ares II when I ordered with my IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back