Recommendations for upgrading from Fiio X5 (1st Gen)?
Aug 25, 2018 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SikkNazty

Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I appreciate the help with my previous thread figuring out which IEMs to buy (landed on the iBasso IT01). Now I'd love some help with finding a replacement for my sluggish but still functional Fiio X5 (1st Gen) music player.

Now it has been quite a long time since the Fiio X5 (1st Gen) was released, so is it safe to assume stuff that has been released in the past year or so can produce the same sound quality for $250 or less? I've been out of the loop with portable source gear...

My max budget is $250 and I would like to find something that out performs the Fiio X5 (1st Gen) in UI functionality and sound quality. I mainly listen to electronic music, hip hop, and alternative/rock with the iBasso IT01 and car sound system.

Things I'm looking for in a music player:
- Under $250
- More than 256GB of expandable storage
- Touchscreen with a well thought out UI
- Bluetooth
- Decent EQ
- Good bass quality & quantity
- Easily sync music from MusicBee on my PC to the music player.

Music players I'm already considering:
- HiBy R3
- Shanling M0
- Shanling M2s
- Hidizs AP80
- Fiio M7

Thank you for reading my thread and I hope you'd like to give me some recommendations.

Aug 25, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 10
Just was listening to some AC/DC on my QP1R “Live Wire and “The Jack” with the iBasso IT01 sorry still listening.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 10
Hello everyone, I appreciate the help with my previous thread figuring out which IEMs to buy (landed on the iBasso IT01). Now I'd love some help with finding a replacement for my sluggish but still functional Fiio X5 (1st Gen) music player.

Now it has been quite a long time since the Fiio X5 (1st Gen) was released, so is it safe to assume stuff that has been released in the past year or so can produce the same sound quality for $250 or less? I've been out of the loop with portable source gear...

My max budget is $250 and I would like to find something that out performs the Fiio X5 (1st Gen) in UI functionality and sound quality. I mainly listen to electronic music, hip hop, and alternative/rock with the iBasso IT01 and car sound system.

Things I'm looking for in a music player:
- Under $250
- More than 256GB of expandable storage
- Touchscreen with a well thought out UI
- Bluetooth
- Decent EQ
- Good bass quality & quantity
- Easily sync music from MusicBee on my PC to the music player.

Music players I'm already considering:
- HiBy R3
- Shanling M0
- Shanling M2s
- Hidizs AP80
- Fiio M7

Thank you for reading my thread and I hope you'd like to give me some recommendations.
Will you use balanced out
Out of the 5 you are considering, only the hiby r3 has balanced out

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 10
Balanced is not better just more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back