Recommendations for upgrading from a Sennheiser Hd 598 Cs
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

distric02

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, a year ago I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 598CS and they're wonderful. Currently i use them with my Huawei P9 Lite. I'm going to buy a LG V30 this Christmas so I would like to upgrade my headphones because i am curious about its dac can play hi res audio. I would like a pair of over-ear headphones and closed back like my current ones because I want to be isolated from outer space. I don't really care about ANC, I prioritize sound quality. I listen mainly pop, alternative, rock and classic. My budget is about 300. Thanks in advance! (Sorry for my english )

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 10
Beyerdynamic dt770 might suit you.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 10
1.Do you recommend me the 80-Ohm studio version?(which i read that has better bass)
2. I read that there is some sound leakage, how is it?
Soundmagic HP151 headphones, they are like an improved DT770.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #6 of 10
They seem great, thank you for the advice! Do you think that in terms of audio quality is it worth upgrading?
More like a different sound, the HD598CS would have a more neutral sound, where as the HD151 have a more fiesta sound.
It might help if you would state what kind of improvement your looking for, from your current HD598CS headphones?

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 10
More like a different sound, the HD598CS would have a more neutral sound, where as the HD151 have a more fiesta sound.
It might help if you would state what kind of improvement your looking for, from your current HD598CS headphones?

Less sound leakage and more detailed. I am a newbie in this world so for now i don't really know anything very specific. So are you saying that Hp 151 have a "funnier" sound?

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Less sound leakage and more detailed. I am a newbie in this world so for now i don't really know anything very specific. So are you saying that Hp 151 have a "funnier" sound?
Your already using closed headphones (HD598CS), so I'm not sure how to have even less leakage.
The HP151 have a stronger bass/treble, then the HD598 series of headphone.
You might consider holding off on buy other headphone until you had a chance to try the LG V30 with your current headphones.

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #9 of 10
Your already using closed headphones (HD598CS), so I'm not sure how to have even less leakage.
The HP151 have a stronger bass/treble, then the HD598 series of headphone.
You might consider holding off on buy other headphone until you had a chance to try the LG V30 with your current headphones.
Ok, i think i'll do that. Thank you very much! :)

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #10 of 10
Ok, i think i'll do that. Thank you very much! :)
There is always the chance the new smartphone comes with a more detail oriented sounding DAC chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back