Recommendations for over ear headphones
May 25, 2020 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Capo Dei Capi

100+ Head-Fier
Just want to say, hello.

I've been reading this website for months but only just signed up for some advice.

Over the past few months I've been looking for an over ear headphones, £80-£150.

I think i have narrowed it down to 2. The philips X2HR and fostex T20RP, apparently it has more bass than the 50RP.

I settled on the X2 because of all the good ratings/reviews and because it had a detachable cable. But i am also interested in a planar and the demo sound done by z reviews sounded so clear and irresistible.

So my question is, has anybody ever tried both of these headphones. I spent weeks looking at AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Shure, Audio Technica, etc, and so on. But in the end i narrowed it down to these two. Have i missed anything?

Out of these two, which would you go for? I don't mind buying extra pads for the fostex as i know they are rubbish.

May 26, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Do you have an amp? Fostex planars definitely need a good amp to get enough power, so if you're running without on you should go with the X2s

May 26, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, i have a dragonfly red and I've read that it will be enough to power the fostex. I really want phones with a detachable cable. I ordered the X2's, but i may end up buying the T20RP's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back