Recommendations for headphones at about $50-100 (A little over would be fine)
Dec 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
I listen to post hardcore and metalcore aswell. 
L3000.gif

If you haven't already, pick up a pair of koss ksc75's.

I know its way underbudget, but they go great with the genre, super comfortable once you bend them to your ear, and personally i prefer them to my $300 headphones. 
You won't believe how good they sound for $15. 

If you really want to spend more, i'd get the CAL's for home only use, or the M50's for portable/home use.

Are the CALs or M50's by Koss?

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #19 of 21
Hardly talked about but sound just fantastic and only $80 at best buy right now.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sennheiser+-+Over-the-Ear+Headphones+with+swap-cable+system+-+Satellite+%26+Black/2989131.p?id=1218374324536&skuId=2989131

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
Are the Gemini HSR-1000 any good?what amp will go with it if it needs it?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-thread

With the 60-Ohm Gemini/Takstar, a headphone amplifier is kind of optional, it should work fine (decently) plugged into just about anything.
But should benefit from a head amp.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Hi Head-Fi. I am new to this forum, so pardon my newbiness when it comes to headphones, considering I have used Skullcandy for so long and now found that *gasp* there are better headphones for cheaper (sometimes)! So, I listen to post-hardcore/pop/alternative (A Day To Remember, Rise Against, Memphis May Fire, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons) [I know, I have weird likes xD].

So, pretty much I am looking for a good pair of headphones (over-ear) that are around the $50-100 range (a little over is fine) that are all around good and don't look (as in style) terrible yet also have a really good bass, with normal/pretty good mids and highs.
      Does anyone have any recommendations? Again, sorry for the newbiness at this. I have seen some other threads but they listen to other genres so maybe the recommendations would be different. Also, I'm more toward the post-hardcore genre, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your time if you bother to read/post on this thread.

TL:DR - All around headphones with an awesome bass and pretty good looks around $50-100 in the post-hardcore/rock/metal and sometimes Alternative genres.
PS - I don't know why I put the TL:DR in there as it was kind of short anyway, but oh well.
PPS - Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm tired xD

Edit: Any recommendations for earbuds also? My old skullcandies broke, and I'm stuck with Apple's trash right now.

i personally own the noontecs myself and i found them to much clearer than the beats solos, and the bass is more refined and still thumping. but will it make your heart and body rumble cause of the bass? No but i think its a fair trade off to make sure you don't neglect the mids and the highs.

drop me a pm if you have any questions on the noontecs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back