Recommendations for Full-Sized *Open* Headphones for Drum and Bass
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ShankasoarusREX

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi!! I'm sort of new to high quality audio and head gear. I'm looking for a reasonably priced (~$75-100) set of headphones for some true audio appreciation. I'm learning more about lossless files and on my cheap $10 sony headphones I know there is no way I am getting anything next to quality audio. I will be listening mostly at my desk so portability isn't a huge issue, but not too large. I'm mostly into chill drum and bass and jazz. I would love a pair of headphones I could use to really, really get the most out of my listening experience. Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: I'm looking into the Superlux HD668B, per recommendation of NA Blur!

[size=140%]  [/size]

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 7
1.)  Superlux HD668B @ $50 or less

2.)  Sony MDR-XB500 @ $70 or less

3.)  Sennheiser HD 449 @ $120 or less

The Sony has the most bass, the Superlux being the most neutral sounding, and the HD 449 sounding slightly neutral with a definite loss of treble.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Hey Head-Fi!! I'm sort of new to high quality audio and head gear. I'm looking for a reasonably priced (~$75-100) set of headphones for some true audio appreciation. I'm learning more about lossless files and on my cheap $10 sony headphones I know there is no way I am getting anything next to quality audio. I will be listening mostly at my desk so portability isn't a huge issue, but not too large. I'm mostly into chill drum and bass and jazz. I would love a pair of headphones I could use to really, really get the most out of my listening experience. Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

What will you be plugging the headphones into?

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 7
As of right now into my laptop using either iTunes on my laptop's on-board soundcard, but the Behringer UCA202 is next on my wish list. I've heard great things about it both hear and around other forums/audiophiles. Any suggestions for audio interfaces? (Alternatives to iTunes)

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
As of right now into my laptop using either iTunes on my laptop's on-board soundcard, but the Behringer UCA202 is next on my wish list. I've heard great things about it both hear and around other forums/audiophiles. Any suggestions for audio interfaces? (Alternatives to iTunes)

FooBar 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back