Recommendations for first DAP - nieces (ages 6 & 8)...
Oct 7, 2021 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

slainte

100+ Head-Fier
My brother has been telling me that my nieces have been asking about personal audio players. My initial budget is $100 for each. They don't have existing phones/buds. Not looking for anything that could be used to browse the web. Thinking we'd prefer to load music on their device with local files. Maybe have streaming for a future time so long as the service provides some kind of control over content. Extra points for American made. Obviously, not a hard limitation.

Been looking at a least one of the HiBy players for a start.

Let the recommendations fly! Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 3
Honestly, an iPod is probably a good choice.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Honestly, an iPod is probably a good choice.

Thanks for the suggestion...

It's funny. I didn't even think of that. Didn't realize they were still available. I've had several iPods through their heyday.

Last night, I wound up ordering two HiBy R2s. For what to listen with, I decided on Lilgadgets Connect+ Pro. I was able to get them in their favorite colors. They look sharp and have volume-limiting. The sound quality is supposed to be quite good. They also feature port-sharing where they can listen to one source together.

It seems the hardest part is figuring out what music to load them with. Would like to expose them to classic albums. Will probably have to purchase some new stuff to rip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back