Recommendations for EDM headphones?
Dec 29, 2020 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ekamin

New Head-Fier
I am currently using a V-Moda M100 and try to find some upgrades (must be closed + over-ear).
The Denon AH-D7200 and DT 1770 pro seem to be good fits for EDM, right? Do you have any thoughts or alternatives which are sold in Germany / EU ?
My max budget is at 600€.
The only use case for the headphones will be on my PC, I hear mostly EDM, DnB, Hardstyle.
How big would the difference be upgrading from my current ones? Did anyone own my current ones and upgraded?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 5
I am currently using a V-Moda M100 and try to find some upgrades (must be closed + over-ear).
The Denon AH-D7200 and DT 1770 pro seem to be good fits for EDM, right? Do you have any thoughts or alternatives which are sold in Germany / EU ?
My max budget is at 600€.
The only use case for the headphones will be on my PC, I hear mostly EDM, DnB, Hardstyle.
How big would the difference be upgrading from my current ones? Did anyone own my current ones and upgraded?

Thanks in advance.
I think the DT770 is excellent for EDM, but I haven’t heard the DT1770. I know the 1770 is better, but the treble may be even brighter, though that may be a good thing for you.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 5
I think the DT770 is excellent for EDM, but I haven’t heard the DT1770. I know the 1770 is better, but the treble may be even brighter, though that may be a good thing for you.
I have seen some electronic music producer moved from DT770 to DT1770 in Japan, Morimori Atsushi for example.

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Honestly i'd maybe just settle for beats if you only listen to EDM. Nothing of the above mentioned headphones is really satisfying for that genre. I'd maybe look for a Nightowl if you don't dislike dark and a bit muffled sound.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Love my D7200s, and don't think there's any genre they don't handle well. Surprised if you can find them in budget though, unless used is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back