Recommendations for bday present $70-100 range
May 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hughjass91

New Head-Fier
for myself haha 

Im going for the sony xb500s but i love the look of the AKG k550 i belive it is. its just plain and simple to me looks sleek not over the top.

Are there any other good simple looking headphones out there that are over the ear and have bass (even if they dont have as much as the xb500s but i still want some weight,punch to it if you will)
basshead.gif

May 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Sennheiser HD 280 is fairly punchy/crunchy from memory, but not a bass monster.
M-Audio Q40 has more bass.

Both look neat.

Koss MV1 is supposed to be fairly dark, but I know nothing about them beyond that.

Probably some lower model Ultrasone worth considering too, but they've changed things up so much in the last few years it's hard to keep up. I think DJ1 Pro is the new pick, but I could be wrong. Looks a bit wild though.

If you don't mind on-ears, and spending a bit more, the ATH-ESW9 are a nice candidate as well. Fragile though.

May 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
for myself haha 

Im going for the sony xb500s but i love the look of the AKG k550 i belive it is. its just plain and simple to me looks sleek not over the top.

Are there any other good simple looking headphones out there that are over the ear and have bass (even if they dont have as much as the xb500s but i still want some weight,punch to it if you will)
basshead.gif

Heya,

Koss DJ 100
Phillips Uptown
Technics DJ 1200 A
Shure SRH750 DJ
Sennheiser HD 439

Very best,

May 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 7
The K550's are another level from all those listed.

I have the XB500's. They can sound decent with a ....pretty massive EQ change. I mainly use them for why you are using them.. Because I am a bass head. And it does that job extremely well. However for me personally it is too comfy. The sucking feeling makes it very uncomfortable for me sometimes when I first put it on. However it is quite good for the price of $50 really for hip hop and rap and has a good cable design.

There are some AKG's I looked at $50 when I was going for it, but I didn't get them as I wanted bass. I'm not sure if they are bassy though. They were the K 518's but I have heard of some comfort problems...so I didn't get them. I also don't know much about them. If they are colored or bassy and I didn't care enough to look it up other than quick useless consumer Amazon reviews.

Unless you want to start your path on audiophile and actual music listening then the XB500's are a fine headphone for $50. 

May 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 7
http://www.greenflymusicsupply.com/store/Superlux-by-Avlex-HD668B-Enhanced-Bass-Stereo-Headphones-p4076.html Superlux HD668B $39.99 + Shipping (From Washington, can be expensive)
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Semi-Open-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS
Samson SR850 $60.00 Free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045JHJSS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Asus Xonar DG $23.99 Free shipping

Mix and match as you like ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back