Recommendations for an alternative to UE TF-10
Jun 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ws65infl

New Head-Fier
Hi all, first post. I've had UE TF-10's for a few years now until this past weekend...misplaced, lost, whatever...can't find them...sucks since I got them at a great price at the time. I went from apple ear buds to those and was very happy with them. I see that they don't make them anymore and ebay prices for them are way too high IMHO.

Which brings me to my post...I would like some recommendations for IEM's that are similar to the TF-10. I like a balanced sound, U or V shaped. I liked how the TF-10's sounded; I liked that the mids were not overwhelming and they had decent clarity in the high and low regions. So I would like something equivalent or better; I would like to have maybe a little more definition in the highs, same mids (or close), and I would like a little more "punch" to the base and definitely more sub.

I have scoured the lists and now I am more confused than ever, lol. Please help! And thanks in advance.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 5
You best bet is too wait for another Black Friday sale and get them for $99. xD

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply, but black friday is a long way away.

As an addendum to my initial post, the music I listen to is mostly Pink Floyd, Muse, Sublime, Reggae (old and new), Rush, some metal, some grunge.

I have narrowed down some choices I think might be good.

T-PEOS H300
Ocharaku Flat 4 SUI
DUNU DN-2000
DUNU DN-1000 paired with C&C BH Amp (as per H20's recommendation to another member here)
Earsonics SM64 (need an amp?)
UE900

I would really appreciate some help narrowing down the list with pros and cons based on my music tastes and sound preferences already listed.

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back