Recommendations for all-in-one DAC/Preamp/Amps with balanced outputs?
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for an all-in-one unit that preferably has a smallish footprint and is aesthetic. It must have balanced outputs (preferably TRS), as well as optical connection to the computer (I get bad noise through my studio monitors with USB). Just needs enough power to make my Focal Elears sing, as well as allow for me to plug my studio monitors into and be able to control the volume. Switching between headphones and studio monitors must also be easy.

Any recommendations? Could really use some help.

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Looking for an all-in-one unit that preferably has a smallish footprint and is aesthetic. It must have balanced outputs (preferably TRS), as well as optical connection to the computer (I get bad noise through my studio monitors with USB). Just needs enough power to make my Focal Elears sing, as well as allow for me to plug my studio monitors into and be able to control the volume. Switching between headphones and studio monitors must also be easy.

Any recommendations? Could really use some help.

AudioGD NFB-28 has a switch to select output out front. Problem is depending on how you define "small footprint" the length (depth front to rear) and width is approaching the footprint of an actual shoebox. Think size 6 women's sneakers (Keds, not collectible basketball shoes or derivatives like what hypebeasts line up for like Apple fanboys do).

If that's too large there's the Schiit Jotunheim which is more like a baby's shoe box, sideways.

Mar 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 6
What about Fostex? iFi units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back