Recommendations for a point&shoot camera ~$100?
Sep 10, 2009 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
My old cybershot broke unfortunately... need a new camera but not sure what models are good, just need something simple.. ~5mp is probably enough

Ideally I'd like to spend about $100... but up to $150 would be ok. Any recommendations are appreciated, I'll probably look into it further myself but just need some names.

Thanks

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Sep 10, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 11
from what I've read and experienced, and in general, Canon makes the best point and shoots, and Nikon makes the best DSLRs.

But there's always the odd ones that other manufacturers make that may be better. One thing though, don't get one with super high megapixel count. With a sensor that small, you don't want to many megapixels or the high iso and color/tone will not be so hot

Sep 11, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 11
From reviews I noticed canons usually win the point and shoot wars but to my eye, I like sonys and panasonics color balance more than the slightly grayish toned canons.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently saw the Panasonic LZ8 drop to 100 bucks on amazon. This is a fantastic camera and has gotten excellent reviews from the major sites. It also has a lot more control than most point and shoots in the lower-mid price range. I'm looking at getting one as a back up camera for my DSLR.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8K 8MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black): Electronics

That's a great bargain. I vote for that one.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 11
IMO, most digital cameras in the $100 range are pretty good unless you start to become picky. Maybe you can find a used camera for around $100 thats as good as a $300 camera?

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 11
thanks for the responses everyone

that Panasonic looks very nice, i guess it's between that one and the Coolpix from ebay

what do you guys think? is it one of those cant go wrong w/ either situations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back