Recommendations for 2 headphones, 1 portable, 1 for home
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cinn314

New Head-Fier
Hi all, as the title says, I am after recommendations for 2 headphones. Budget for each £200 (250 dollars). No IEMs please, I don't get on with them. My musical taste is eclectic but the majority of the music I listen to is hip hop and rock.
The main thing to take note of is that I'm vegan so nothing with leather please (I was looking at Fidelio x2hrs and momentum 2s but they have leather. Having spoken to customer service at Philips and Sennheiser I know now that Philips will have bother decent for me, sennheiser however, everything apart from the momentum's is good. Among other things I've looked at (opinions please) are the Sivga 006s and the AKG Y50bt and N60NC bluetooths. Apologies for the length of this post. Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Soundmagic HP200 (open) headphone or HP151 (closed) headphone.

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Are you looking specifically for a bluetooth headphone in either or both of these? What sources will you be using? do you have an amp?
Hi, thanks for replying. I would prefer Bluetooth for the portable headphones and wired for the ones at home. I currently don't have an amp, that is next on the list. I have some flac albums, qobuz studio for streaming/downloading and tidal.

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi all, as the title says, I am after recommendations for 2 headphones. Budget for each £200 (250 dollars). No IEMs please, I don't get on with them. My musical taste is eclectic but the majority of the music I listen to is hip hop and rock.
The main thing to take note of is that I'm vegan so nothing with leather please (I was looking at Fidelio x2hrs and momentum 2s but they have leather. Having spoken to customer service at Philips and Sennheiser I know now that Philips will have bother decent for me, sennheiser however, everything apart from the momentum's is good. Among other things I've looked at (opinions please) are the Sivga 006s and the AKG Y50bt and N60NC bluetooths. Apologies for the length of this post. Thanks in advance.

You do realize that single use plastic leather, single use plastic frame parts, rare earth magnet mining, improperly processed dead battery cells, etc all cause animal suffering together than merely "might as well make something out of this prime rib's skin."

I mean buying just one headphone for both scenarios or one for home and using whatever was bundled with your phone isn't any likely to do any more animal suffering than just stacking "make use of this skin" on top of what would have become prime rib or hamburgers anyway.

All I'm saying is, maybe lighten up on it and keep consumption (including returns) low and looking at actual overall impact rather than treating it like religion where some immigrant in Costco raises a fuss over having to touch a ham or prime rib, and use whatever leather parts on a headphone you actually like and intend to keep then replace it with single use pleather later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back