Recommendations - Buds / IEMs ~$300
Feb 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cranda58

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone - been a long time reader and have dipped my toes in the water with a few headphones, IEMs, and amps. Looking for a good set of IEMs in the $300 range. I got a pair of GR07's a while back and I'm not sure if I just got a bad pair or what (purchased through Lend Me Ur Ears), but they are so sibilant and harsh at the high-end that I just don't enjoy using them and am now looking for something else.

I will be running these through either a Fiio Olympus 2-E10K Amp/DAC (Desktop use), or Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Fiio Alpen 2-E17K Amp/DAC (Mobile Use) a majority of the time.

I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly rock, classic rock, d&b, some rap/hip-hop, and some classical / instrumental as well. I am looking for a good all-around set of IEMs that will make any type of music sound good.

I really like IEMs that are designed to be worn over the back of the ear - they just seem to stay in place and fit better.

I've been looking at the Fidue A83's, but would like to get some other information and opinions in the $300 range (able to go slightly higher if it means a significant upgrade) before I pull the trigger on anything. Open to all recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey!

You should consider DUNU DN-2000

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back