1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations - Buds / IEMs ~$300

1. cranda58
    Hi everyone - been a long time reader and have dipped my toes in the water with a few headphones, IEMs, and amps. Looking for a good set of IEMs in the $300 range. I got a pair of GR07's a while back and I'm not sure if I just got a bad pair or what (purchased through Lend Me Ur Ears), but they are so sibilant and harsh at the high-end that I just don't enjoy using them and am now looking for something else.

I will be running these through either a Fiio Olympus 2-E10K Amp/DAC (Desktop use), or Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Fiio Alpen 2-E17K Amp/DAC (Mobile Use) a majority of the time.

I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly rock, classic rock, d&b, some rap/hip-hop, and some classical / instrumental as well. I am looking for a good all-around set of IEMs that will make any type of music sound good.

I really like IEMs that are designed to be worn over the back of the ear - they just seem to stay in place and fit better.

I've been looking at the Fidue A83's, but would like to get some other information and opinions in the $300 range (able to go slightly higher if it means a significant upgrade) before I pull the trigger on anything. Open to all recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

2. cranda58
    bump - any replies would be very helpful!

3. cranda58
    No one?

4. Me x3
    Hey!

You should consider DUNU DN-2000

Best Luck!

5. cranda58
    How would the DN-2000 compared to the Fidue A83 or T-Peos Altone 200?

Would a Custom IEM be worth looking into or is that price increase not worth it?