Recommendation Needed on DAP
Oct 29, 2017 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Himas

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm relatively new here. Been following reviews closely for DAP and IEM.

I currently own FIIO X1 and RHA 750i. I also have Harman Kardon and Edifier speakers setup at home.

My current music collection has mostly 320 kbps MP3 and I'm gradually upgrading to FLAC and ALAC. I have around 30% FLAC/ALAC collection.

I want upgrade my DAP and IEM. After reading lot of reviews and comparisons I settled on CustomArt E3i iem.
So now I need a DAP recommendation.

My needs, Good SQ, small size, ability to drive home setup with out AMPs, Ability to have streaming apps, and little forgiving with low res audio files.

DAPs I Considered till now:

1. FIIO X5 MK III - Hits on all my req, only qualm is I have read mixed reviews from many head-fiers on SQ and software issues.

2. AK-70 MK II - No streaming options other than tidal. Good on rest of needs pricer than X5

3. Sony NW ZX300 - No streaming options other than tidal. Good on rest of needs pricer than X5. I still dont have enough info on sound quality.

4. FIIO X7 MK II - Hits on all my req but bit bulky to my taste. I'm hearing some software issues. Not Sure how forgiving on low res files.

5. Poineer XDP-300R - Bit bulky, heard equally good review comparing to FIIO X7.

Any other DAP suggestions also are welcome apart from the above list. I would to keep budget at maximum of 700 USD.

Any help on this is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Himas

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 9
Shanling m2s... best you read up on it and ask around coz I haven't heard it

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Oct 31, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Nov 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Thank you for the Reply. I'll check opus #3. I considered Shanling's for quite sometime but as I chose to have streaming as one need i didn't mention it. Thank you though

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Congrats. I own an Opus #1 and love it. They definitely set a new standard in today's market.

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 9
Go all out. X7ii. The consensus is positive it seems. It's their flagship so expect service added to the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back