Recommendation for sub $500 subwoofer?
Feb 20, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #16 of 22
and on top of that, Adire rocks
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the brahma 15, koda components, and kit81 towers, never been disappointed with any of it

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #17 of 22
I only wanted to say that a subwoofer isn't really something that should be
used for stereo music listening IMHO. You should go the woofer way for 5.1 or
the like only, but I'm really no fan of those either way.

Nice avatar btw, this is my favourite rpg.
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #18 of 22
I only wanted to say that a well integrated sub is an asset to stereo listening. Emphasis on the integration.

Feb 21, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros
You could buy a Adire kit, the enclosure arrives pre-cut, you just glue/dowel/screw together...everything is included to get a optimized subwoofer. No need to worry about correct driver in correct enclosure type/size. :)

I will look into the Adire kit. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I only wanted to say that a subwoofer isn't really something that should be
used for stereo music listening IMHO. You should go the woofer way for 5.1 or
the like only, but I'm really no fan of those either way.

Nice avatar btw, this is my favourite rpg.
biggrin.gif

It will be used for music listening most of the time. Just want to have it there in case I feel the need for it.

PS: Xenogears is a totally wicked game isn't it. It's also my all time favorite rpg as well
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 22
I know you said you don't have time to build one, but I have the NHT 1259 kit from Madisound (www.madisound.com) and I love it. I'm using it in a very large room primarily for stereo music and it does wonders. I recommend the higher power amp, though if you plan on cranking it from time to time. As far as the kit form, all it requires is about 1-2 hours worth of assembly, everything is built. And the cabinet is rock solid. With the higher powered amp it's $550.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back