Recommendation for starter audiophile.
Nov 24, 2016 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

John Jusko

New Head-Fier
So, a bit of backstory. I love music, and am obsessed with the best sound I can get. I have little or no budget most of the time.
I'm obsessed with looking for the cheapest audiophile caliber stuff that I can find.

My best find has been the discontinued Able Planet NC200B headphones. They're just advertised as noise cancelling headphones, and I wanted to try out some NCs and bought a pair for abount 30 bucks before the stock ran out on amazon. When I received them, I realized the NC also included a build in amp. Without the amp on, they sound alright, but with it on the mids and highs are amazingly immersive. I did some more research, and it turns out Able Planet has a patented technology that creates high range harmonics. That said - it sounds amazing.

If anybody who read this thinks it's interesting enough to give a shot, their updated model of it is here. As far as I can tell, it's the exact same thing with a slightly redone look.
ASIN : 
B00EDPYOVO

If anybody has these or the old model, or feels inspired by this to grab a pair, I would love to hear some feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread