Recommendation for Light Headphones for Gift
Nov 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aaronj313

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy headphones for my wife for the holidays based on her rather specific preferences.  I have both Audio Techinca ATH-m50s and Shure SE425s and she doesn't love either of them.  She is uncomfortable with in-ear headphones, which rules out the Shures.  And while she likes using the Audio Technicas, she doesn't want to carry a pair that "large and heavy" for air travel.  I'm hoping for a pair of on or over-ear headphones under $200 that are suitable for air travel.  I've looked at the Sennheiser PX200-IIs but am not certain how they'd perform on an airplane, given their limited sound isolation.  Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 2

ktmracer12345

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my wife try quite a few headphones. She doesn't do in ears, so they are ruled out. Her favorites have been the Oppo PM-3's and Sennheiser 598's. They're both relatively light and comfortable. The 598's are open, but they have a new closed back version, the 598cs. The 569's are very similar if they're easier to find or cheaper. The Oppos are great, but you won't find them under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread