Recommendation for Fusion Jazz, Djent, Jazz, Classical, Metal
Jul 18, 2018 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

altahir

New Head-Fier
I need an earphone for my huawei p9 lite. I am a musican myself and i like to hear every detail and instruments of the music especially complex ones. I listen Fusion Jazz, Jazz, Djent, Classical Music and Progressive Metal. I usually listen at home. I like warmer sounds and i have around 100 USD budget Thank you.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 6
At this price point, iBasso IT01 is recommended a lot.

I recently bought the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 and it is smooth, detailed and slightly warm.
Price wise, the P1 has 200$/€ MSRP, but I bought it for 130€, so you might be able to get one if you can increase your budget a little.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 6
At this price point, iBasso IT01 is recommended a lot.

I recently bought the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 and it is smooth, detailed and slightly warm.
Price wise, the P1 has 200$/€ MSRP, but I bought it for 130€, so you might be able to get one if you can increase your budget a little.

Should i buy a hi res mp3 player or should i simply use my phone? I am not sure i am an audiophile

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 6
Should i buy a hi res mp3 player or should i simply use my phone? I am not sure i am an audiophile

I think it comes down to 2 questions:
1. how much difference does it make to you personally
2. how much money are you able and willing to spend on that difference

Reg 1, would be best if you could listen to some friend's equipment, maybe best a price class above what you might be willing to spend.
The more and the longer you can listen, the better.
For example, I have the Cayin N3 ($130), the HiBy R3 ($230) and the Chord Mojo DAC ($500).
The N3 is a nice, natural player for the money, nice upgrade to phone, the R3 sounds bold and strong at first, but for me it's a bit "too much" and my ears get a little tired after a short while. The Mojo in comparison is just so smooth, open and flowing, maybe less "spectacular" at first but I can listen for hours on end.

With a budget of $100, I would spend all on headphones/earphones, and maybe later add a small DAP or DAC/AMP.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 6
I think it comes down to 2 questions:
1. how much difference does it make to you personally
2. how much money are you able and willing to spend on that difference

Reg 1, would be best if you could listen to some friend's equipment, maybe best a price class above what you might be willing to spend.
The more and the longer you can listen, the better.
For example, I have the Cayin N3 ($130), the HiBy R3 ($230) and the Chord Mojo DAC ($500).
The N3 is a nice, natural player for the money, nice upgrade to phone, the R3 sounds bold and strong at first, but for me it's a bit "too much" and my ears get a little tired after a short while. The Mojo in comparison is just so smooth, open and flowing, maybe less "spectacular" at first but I can listen for hours on end.

With a budget of $100, I would spend all on headphones/earphones, and maybe later add a small DAP or DAC/AMP.

Thank you for your help i appreciate it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back