Recommendation for a bass heavy earphone that does not need to be inserted into the ear canal.
Aug 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Superbunny

New Head-Fier
Looking for a bass heavy earphone that does not need to be inserted into the ear canal. I am not comfortable with deep insertion and I’m also looking for something that could be easily removed and put on the ear, which is definitely not the case with foam tips.

What I have tried so far:
-I have a Logitech Ultimate Ears 700 that sounds great with good bass when used with foam and triple flange tips which go deep into the canal. But it sounds terrible, zero bass, with the soft silicone tips that do not seal properly.
-I have the Monster Immersion iSport that has soft silicone tips that do not seal and again it sounds terrible, zero bass. But I am ok because it works well for sports.
-I have a Snugbubs, a giveaway that I got a fair, that has soft silicone tips that do not seal but surprisingly has good bass but lacks clarity.

As headphones I have a Denon D2000 that has really great bass and clarity and a Bose QC 15 which has top bass but not so great clarity, but it’s the perfect headphone for airplanes.

What I’ve seen so far as an option is the Moshi Clarus, which rests on the cusp of the ear canals, not inside of them, however I don’t know if it’s great for bass. What other options are available under USD250?

Sources Cowon Z2 and J3 with iBasso D6.

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Mar 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I end up buying the Sony's and they are excellent for the price. But after a while a bought a Custom Westone ES5.  It is another story but very expensive. However, I still prefer my closed full size cams ED8 when I can use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back