Recommend me some headphones (drummer here)
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BFR

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just joined the forums and thought to ask all you knowledgeable folks for some headphones to suit my particular needs.

I'm looking for some I can use while I play my drums, that can block out part of the drum noise so I don't end up damaging my ears. I would also like to play along to a metronome in conjunction with listening to music (both on and off drums). I'm really only looking to spend up to $120 or so. I searched the forums for what people on here suggest drummers buy, and they say the Beyer DT 770 M, but the cheapest I could find them was for $259 and I just don't have that type of money.

So what should I end up buying? Please recommend me something that is worth the cost. If it's not worth the cost and can buy something cheaper without noticeable difference in sound quality, then tell me about it. I also checked out what people had to say about the Vic Firth stereo isolation headphones and from what I understand they are good headphone for the price mostly for blocking out the sound of drums, but just okay for listening to music. Correct me if I'm wrong here. If this is the case though, I would go with something else just for the sake of hearing music when I'm not drumming.

Lastly, should I be looking at the closed or open headphone design for my needs? Again, I'm buying these mostly to play while I'm drumming on my acoustic kit. Thank you for listening
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 4
You've got PM, I have a pair of DT770M for sale cheaper, than the offers, you have seen so far. And for your needs, they will be good. They are the best headphones when it comes to isolation. And isolation is what you want. Anyways, what you are looking for is closed cans. Closed=isolation.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if you are getting my PM's because in my sent folder it says, 0 messages. If you are please let me know. Thanks

Yeah, it does that to me as well.But yeah, I got them:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back