Recommend Me a Turntable
Aug 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #16 of 35
I know everybody hates USB turntables here, so what does everyone think about this one? I've only found it on Amazon, so i'm not sure if you can get it locally, and it has mixed, but relatively high reviews (not audiophiles by the look of it...). It's the Panasonic Technics SLBD20D Semi Automatic Turntable. For the moment, I'm still going to the market to try and hunt down a good secondhand one.

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #18 of 35
I'll be using a receiver. Just found out my grandma has a whole Pioneer system stored away somewhere. Turntable, preamp, amp, tuner... everything. See if I can get it.
biggrin.gif
The turntable is not for ripping songs off LP's onto the computer, it's for listening. That's why I want to get a proper one, and not run it through line in. Sorry if you got the wrong impression...

-CaptHowie

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #20 of 35
Cheapness I guess, that's probably the only reason. I'm eager to try out the 2 new records I brought, but I don't want to wreck them on my console turntable that uses a needle that hasn't been replaced in at least 10 years. I'm inpatient...
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
referett.jpg

Hahahaha, nice.

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightOwl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$300,000. ....on sale
wink.gif

Well, happy sniping
wink.gif

I do like an audio bargain as much as the next fella, but that's just not the color I want this week. The IKEA Lack table is included, I presume?

Aug 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #28 of 35
Who spends that much on audio equipment?

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptHowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who spends that much on audio equipment?

Just like cars and many other things. Those who have the money and want the most expensive, along with the prestige and satsifaction of owning it.

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightOwl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just like cars and many other things. Those who have the money and want the most expensive, along with the prestige and satsifaction of owning it.

If I was rich, I'd probably still go for bang-for-the-buck components, not stuff like that. High-end, but not that high-end. That's just throwing away money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back