Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc.
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BatManExe

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Can anyone recommend me a good IEM or an In-Ear Earphone?

Below are my details: -

My Rig: iPod touch

Usage: Music

File format: 320kbps mp3 or Apple lossless

Music genre: Pop, Instrumental/ New Age

Type: IEM or In-Ear earphone

Requirements: Just a good IEM or In-ears without the need for any AMP. I am quite into sound however i do not want the hassle of getting and AMP and all. Just want a good IEM for my music usage. Currently own: Klipsch 4s and Sennheiser CX350. I have used them for years and want an upgrade. I want something durable for daily usage.

I have tried the Shure SE535, SE535 Red and Sennheiser IE80. I prefer the Shure SE535 to the other 2. I am really impressed by the Shure 535. The sound is fantastic for both. As these few the prices are rather steep, hence i would like some views from you guys to help me get the best choice with my limited money. I only have enough money for one good one!

People have recommended me the Aurisonics ASG-1 rev 1.2 and Heir Audio 3.Ai. Has anyone tried them before?

Please kindly assist me.

Thank you very much.

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Under $50 - GR02 Bass edition, JVC FX-40

Under $100 - CKM 500, RE-Zero, GR06,

$200 and under- GR07 MKII (highly recommeneded), RE262( my personal favorite iem) most people say this iem needs an amp but personally it sounds excellent even without an amp.

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Now, if you liked the 535 over the IE80 then your not after a lot of bass. Both the 3.Ai and ASG-1 are bassier IEMs so i would say that the 4.Ai would be up your street.

I will also say that i found the RE262 to really need an amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back