1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a closed back foldable headphones

1. androidodo
    What's up, guys?
    I need a headphones to travel with, but suitable for audio works (mixing, editing) as well. So, DJ cans or gaming headphones are not an option. Preferably in a higher end of the line compared to my MDR-V6 and AKG k240. It should be a closed back design and must be foldable.
    My initial choices are: HD380 Pro, Shure SRH940, or ATH M70x. I tried the M50 and M50x, but don't like the excessive bass on them. The M70x are supposed to be more flat/neutral.
    Does anyone has experiences with them? I'm open to other recommendations.

Best~

2. serman005
    You might look into an NAD HP50 or, if you want more emphasized bass, take a look at a B&W P7.

3. androidodo
    Not sure about availability in my place, but I'll take it into consideration.

4. baskingshark
    ATH M40X is actually a M50X without the bass IMO. It is cheaper also. Have u tried it?
    M40X is extremely neutral and very ideal for studio work to hear what the artiste intended.
    But i personally find it boring to listen to music with it. Isolation is above average. The pads for M50X I heard are a bit different from the M40X and the M40X is quite uncomfortable for me after long listening sessions (I wear specs).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  5. androidodo
    I think I tried one. Can't remember if it was M40x or M30x though. :beyersmile:

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    For audio production (creating, mixing, editing, etc), why not just keep using the Sony MDR-V6?

tomb likes this.
  7. Tsukuyomi
    Budget?

8. androidodo
    I'm keeping the V6, but I have reasons to get a new pair of headphones :smile_phones:

USD 200-250. Used cans are okay.

9. Tsukuyomi
    Focal Listen Professional
    Sony MDR7506 Professional
    Sony MDR7510 Professional
    BeyerDynamic DT990 (dont fold though.. :frowning2: )

10. Mhog55
    Shure srh840 or 940

11. tomb
    ^ this

12. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 headphones, sometimes used ones are sold on Ebay.

13. Raketen
    M70x indeed have flatter bass than 50x, good bass IMO if you can get a seal. However they are quite bright in the treble. I'm not a mixer but IMO sort of 'over-detailed' . Also IIRC they fold flat, but not inward (this is how the case was arranged at least).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  14. DukeOfYork
    Sennheiser HD25