Recommend Headphone for Treble Detail
Dec 10, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 25
Thank you everyone. I mentioned a ipod nano, which means portable and light. sa5000 looks great but wouldnt you agree it's not suitable to take with you on a ipod? From the ones suggested I am looking at olufsen a8 which most reviews mention good treble.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 25
Koss KSC75 are highly portable.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #20 of 25
For all natural numbers k,

Repeat
{
Quote:

Ety ER4P would be the best candidate, IMO!

+k
} Until 1=0.

Sry, programming and math finals =]

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 25
KSC75s represent an outstanding value.
DT990s(05) are built typical Beyertank. They had pretty good extension on both ends. (needs an amp though to see potential) Spiked treble.
SR80-I would skip the 60s.

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #22 of 25
Etymotic ER4 / Altec Lansing iM716 or equivalent IEMs.

If you hate having things inside your ears, buy some higher end Philips (I'm selling HP910 - PM me
biggrin.gif
; HP1000; HP890...) or Beyerdynamic (old DT990 ; DT880 - they're fairly identical to the new beyer model line soundwise)

If you have a fair speaker amp, find yourself either some electrostatic / electret headphones.

Did I mention I'm selling new old stock Philips HP910 which have never been open?
They should beat Beyerdynamic DT990 easily as headphonereviews.org and a lot of other sites say...
Not that I want to get rid of them, I've just got a better deal on another HP910 with channel imbalance (which isn't hard to fix on dynamic headphones).

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados emphasize the upper midrange and/or (depending on model) the lower treble, which gives the impression that they are overly detailed.

IMO, similar story with KSC-75. Tbh, i find the treble very rough and harsh on the 75 (some people might call it 'sparkle'
wink.gif
) and not particularly detailed, just very imposing - but hey how can you complain for the price
biggrin.gif
. For treble detail i love the open Audio-Technicas - just smooth response all the way to the top without being harsh or dull
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony MDR-SA5000 has all the treble detail you can handle, at least without spending thousands.

X2

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Babak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have recently purchased an iPod nano and I need recommendation on a good pair of cans. I already got the PX100 but I need something with more Treble details. Can you please suggest one with more Treble details ? Thank you.

With my iAudio 7 and careful equalization* the PX 100 has all the treble detail you'd ever wish (promised!). It even comes close to the Etymotic ER-4P, which would be my alternative (all out) recommendation.

*60 Hz (normal) -4 dB
220 Hz (wide) -3 dB
1.4 kHz (normal) -1 dB
4.1 kHz (0 dB)
13 kHz (wide) +4 dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back