Recommend Hard Rock Bands
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Relinquished

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody got any hard rock band to recommend.I love disturbed so hopefully i can find bands with the same style as them.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 23
Ah thanks.Any albums/songs in particular?

First impressions are always important =D

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 23
There aren't a lot of hard rock albums that impress me, the few that does include:

Deep Purple - Machine Head
Rainbow - Rising
Wishbone Ash - Argus
Queen - A Night at the Opera, Sheer Heart Attack
The Who - Who's Next
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz

Hard Rock generally doesn't work well for high-end audio.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #8 of 23
Not a fan of Disturbed's newest stuff myself, but lets see. Some of this might lean a little bit more towards metal.

Tool/A Perfect Circle, though those you probably already know.

Opeth. If you're not into screaming metal lyrics, then check out their Damnation CD, a much more mellow album, but their whole discography is great.

Lacuna Coil, I'm not sure I'd call them hard rock per se, but they're pretty good... more of a goth rock type sound really- think Evanescence, but actually good. :p

Black Label Society.

These last three I think I'd consider more metal, but they also have melodic aspects:
Killswitch Engage.
Shadows Fall.
Soilwork.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #10 of 23
hard rock is such an awful genre to define because its become so blurred in recent times.
x2 for lacuna coil.
Not sure if you'd classify them as hard rock, but I'd like to recommend monoral. They definitely rock, and it's quite hard, though not at all like what mainstream would like you to believe is hard rock.
[size=xx-small]also chevelle[/size]

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 23
Here are some introductory songs you could try:

-"Tear Away" or "Sinner" for Drowning Pool
- Point #1 or Vitamin R for Chevelle
- "Blue" by A Perfect Circle or perhaps "Judith."
- "Gasoline" or perhaps "Driven Under" by Seether

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call A Perfect Circle hard rock.. nothing they do is particularly 'hard'.. instead, they're a very good alternative rock band.

I pretty much agree, I just included them because of the Tool connection.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call A Perfect Circle hard rock.. nothing they do is particularly 'hard'.. instead, they're a very good alternative rock band.

I agree. I only recommended Drowning Pool. Somebody else recommended APC, so I just recommended a couple songs to get 'em started if they chose to go in that direction.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back