Recommend good ~$40 or less IEMs?
Sep 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EJLx

New Head-Fier
Hello all, new to the forums here and was hoping for some advice.
I'm looking for a good pair of IEMs that's around $40 or so. I listen
to mainly alternative rock, some hip-hop, and some trance/house.
If somebody could recommend me some good IEMs and wehre
to buy them,it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 11
i haven't tried that many in this price range but the m1s are amazing out of a good source and eqing in the lower regions. The highs have outstanding extension and the mids are lush and clear. They go toe to toe and even surpass some of the more expensive iems i've tried.

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 11
You could buy the m1 for 40 shipped here from hong kong. The r02 can be purchase from ebay here at around the same price.  I also have one for sale for 35 shipped. I live in the US. Please tell me if you are interested.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
What would be better, the R02, or the M1s? Also, where could I buy either of these?

Neither is better. The M1 is a bit more balanced, has tighter bass and more aggressive treble. The R02 is warmer and bassier, with slightly more laid-back treble. Overall sound quality is very very similar so it's a matter of preference. 

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 11
How do the MEE M9s compare at $30?

http://www.meelec.com/M9_Series_earphones_s/244.htm

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 11
the meelec are a level below, the mids are recessed and the treble isn't up to par with the m1s. Their bass is more prominent but a lot less controlled. The build and practicality is great thought.

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Hm, thanks for the input, leaning towards the R02s, but also curious about the cheaper alternative ^^ and how it compares.

Which cheaper alternative? The M9 is not even close. There's also the ViSang R01 but it has a weaker cable and lacks the accessory pack of the R02, all for $10 less.

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 11
He's probably referring to the M9s I linked.

I'm looking for some decent disposable IEMs to try. The last IEMs I tried (Q-Jays) were an embarrassment to a quality audio product, IMO. $180 for headphones that fell apart quickly and didn't sound all that great. I had a bit of trouble with fit, but ultimately that wasn't the reason I sent them back and sold the new replacements. Maybe it was a bad experience, but if I'm going to try an IEM again I'm coming at it from a disposable goods angle. Cheap enough I can throw it away after it breaks in 6 mos/1 year, but decent enough sound to warrant something other than iBuds, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back