Recommend closed, circumaural phones...
Jul 29, 2001 at 6:42 PM Post #16 of 17
lini, tell me: Just how did you know???
cool.gif

insanefred, my strong recommendation would be the Beyer 770 Pro - 250. It has about 18dB of isolation, and its efficiency is at least as good as that of the HD 580. Sonically, it's warmer and to my ears more natural than the HD 580 or the HD600, but at the same time it has a more believable soundstage than the Senns. You may just reach out and touch the instruments. And the 770 Pro has the deepest and tightest bass response of any headphone I have ever heard. I mean, it's way down there.

Whether I compare it to open, closed or electrostatic headphones, it is my favourite phone. In the Beyer line the open and airier 990 Pro is a close second. The 250-250 is the only Beyer headphone that has been mentioned that I don't know, it might very well be worth a try. The closed 831 and the open 931 are bright to the point of being shrill and fatiguing. Of all the Beyer headphones mentioned here, I clearly like them the least.

So, this is my recommendation: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - 250 Ohm. But I believe, lini has already said that. I am just too predictable, I guess. But lini has said, that he is a firm believer as well. Or something like that. I guess that's a good thing?
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2001 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 17
yeah, judging from the frequency response graph at headroom, the 770's bass response goes way deep. it's quite impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back