Recommend a some what portable pair of headphones
May 7, 2004 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Outro

100+ Head-Fier
Ok I got a pair of Grado sr-60s and I love them all my other phones(probably nothing you guys would approve of) are collecting dust atm, but I don't like the cord at all so it has limited me to house use only(it would be fine for me besides that). So I'm looking for a more 'portable'(smaller cord) set of headphones. The size of the phones is fine because when Im out I wear them around my neck when not in use(so the ability to fold/collapse isn't really important to me). A couple of phones the have caught my attention are senn 25sp, senn px200, and maybe the sony v6(but from the looks of it they are alittle big). I want to try a set of closed cans this time for more isolation at school and what not. Also I'm not a big fan of anything in my ears or any 'clip' ons. Recommend anything that fits in with these guidlines or comment on the cans I've mentioned and please mention the cord size(anything like the grados)
tongue.gif
I don't want to leave another pair at home because of a cord size.

May 8, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 3
I'd say go for PX200. It's a cheap pair of headphones, but when I use it with my hdd player, it has a great dynamic sound that just makes you wanna groove. The drums and bass sound very tight and punchy. The mids and trebles are also there, but they definitely do sound muddier than grados and significantly less detailed. I just got 25sp's today.. and well, I don't think they were worth my $$.. Cleaner sound reproduction than PX200 over the mids, but I really can't believe I get virtually NO BASS from them at all. (I always thought it was just that the bass was muddy =\)
eek.gif
25sp's are way much harder to drive than the PX200's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back