Radio

CD player

Small size

Clock (optional)

Good sound (duh)

Features that are NOT wanted:

Any cassette player

Something with many unnessasary flashing lights

Nothing with features like "Twin Hyper Power-Drive subwoofers" or "Gigatube" crap.

My budget is about $100-$200

I am considering the Cambridge Audio Table clock, The Tivoli Audio Model One, and the Bose Wave Radio although it is out of my price range.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 4
If you want to be able to pull in lots of radio stations at good quality, I'd vote for the Tivoli Model One. It's very good at that aspect.
For the size, it has quite a good sound.
But if you're already getting the Model One, pay another $60 ($159.99 total) and get the Model Two. You definently want stereo if you're going to use it as a mini-system. Another plus is that this can be upgraded with the Model Subwoofer (althought I haven't heard the sub).
One more thing, search the forums - there is some info on the Model CD that will be available soon - another good upgrade for this system. For now you can connect a portable CD player if you're dying for some CD playback.
Upgrades paths are good! Very good way to take it easy on your wallet in steps. If only there was a way to step down...

Oct 5, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
Elegant look
Radio
CD player
Small size
Clock (optional)
Good sound (duh)

My budget is about $100-$200

You aren't going to find much for that price range that includes a CD player, looks good, has a decent radio, and sounds good.

Do you have a portable CD player? If so, then I would definitely look at the Tivoli Model Two. Best radio on the market, IMO, looks great, sounds great, and works very well with portable CD players (it has a line-in). No clock, though
evil_smiley.gif

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/pM2TPE.htm

A CD version is coming out, but it's a couple hundred above your budget.

If you can go up in price a bit, you could get the Denon DM-30, which is an excellent minisystem; sometimes you can find it on sale for $350:

http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.a...4&catky=643993

Quote:

Nothing with features like "Twin Hyper Power-Drive subwoofers" or "Gigatube" crap.

Then you don't want the Wave Radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back