Rechargeable Lithium 9 volts??
Mar 25, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 9
Yes, I have these. They work fine, but they are larger than regular alkaline batteries, so make sure they fit in the device you are using them for. They are too big for the Headroom Micro which is what I bought them for, so I had to use them in other units.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
Yes, I have these.... They are too big for the Headroom Micro which is what I bought them for...

D'OH. lol

That's what I was going to use them in.

I was just browsing looking for top quality NiMH and saw those. I bought two Energizer 9 volt NiMH at Target for $4.50 ea. on clearance just because they were so cheap but I know there are much better ones out there.

Do you know if any of the iPowerUS NiMH fit in the Micro or are they the same size?? Which ones did you end up using in your Micro?

-thanks for the help

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 9
I use both the iPowerUS 220mAh 9.6V and Powerex 200 mAh 9.6V in the HeadRoom microDAC + MicroAmp. With the powerex, just shove them in and let the flap get pushed aside. For the iPowerUS, you need to lift the rubber flap, insert the battery, and let the flap hang over the back because the battery is shorter.

I wouldn't buy the iPower batteries again. They seem really cheap compared with the Powerex. Maybe I got a bad batch, but several of them rattle, and two of them are just plain subpar, getting only half the playtime of the other four (I bought six). The good ones do run a bit longer than the Powerex. This is just anecdotal evidence (maybe the worst kind) but you might want to be careful if you try them and make sure you can (and would care to) return one or two of a batch. I'd rather spend the extra buck and deal with the 10% or so less playtime.

One other consideration is that rubber flap. Occassionally, the batteries don't catch well, and I have to pull them and reinstall. This doesn't happen with the rubber flap down, so that's a plus for any shorter battery.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 9
I called Headroom when I first got the micro and they said to use Powerex, which is what I have been using, other rechargeables don't seem to fit.

Mar 26, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for those 2 replies.

I thought about contacting Headroom but you've done that work for me. I think I'll buy a pair of Powerex. It seems logical that the fit would be better if the flap was down.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Thanks for those 2 replies.

I thought about contacting Headroom but you've done that work for me. I think I'll buy a pair of Powerex. It seems logical that the fit would be better if the flap was down.

Only one pair? What do you listen to when you're recharging? Heck, I have 6 pairs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure if you have that backward. The Powerex are longer, so the flap gets pushed aside. With the shorter batteries, you lift the flap when you insert the battery and drop the rubber flap behind them which helps to better seat the battery. Or maybe you can lift the flap with the longer batteries and just not close the case all the way. Haven't tried that myself.

Mar 30, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 9
...well I should be getting my Micro amp next week, but I plan to try it with the AC power pack and hope that sounds just as good as DC power. I'll be using it 50/50 portable.

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #9 of 9
Dane, I'm using the Powerex in my Micro as well, and so far so good.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think they are a good value for the price, and runtime is decent.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back