rechargeable batteries question
Sep 5, 2002 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
My nimh AAA batteries do not seem to be giving as much voltage as they used to. Is there a way to fix this?

Biggie.

Sep 5, 2002 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 9
over time rechargeables die out and give less and less power. and then you buy new ones. they just wear out. if you were to 'fix' a battery, that would involve fooling around with the mixture of stuff inside (sry, I can't translate chemistry). you might try completely discharging and fully recharging a coupla times, but you can't 'reboot' a battery so to speak.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 9
If you have a "smart" charger that can do so, try conditioning the batteries, a couple of times if necessary.

Sep 5, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 9
How do I completely discharge my batteries?

Hrrmm I will consider investing in a smart charger, I thought mine was when I bought it but I was wrong.
frown.gif

Biggie.

Sep 5, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
How do I completely discharge my batteries?

I take it you're using them in a PCDP or something, right? just use them till it cuts out, then wait some time and do it again (it'll work again for a couple of seconds), two or three times and they should be completely drowned.

I'm just guessing "conditioning" does the same thing?

but anyway, even rechargeables aren't meant to last forever...

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 9
Sep 6, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #9 of 9
How do I condition stuff manually? I'll get a new charger when I get some cash flow but until then..

They are fairly new 700mah batteries so I hope they still have a lot more charges in them. ^^

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back