Rechargable D-Cells For Cosmic
Jun 22, 2002 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if there are any good sources for rechargable D-cells for the Cosmic battery pack?

Jun 22, 2002 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 6
I enjoy the "transportability" of the Cosmic. Just the batteries don't last that long. I know you "pay" for the quality sound. I was just spoiled by my old TA which seemed to last forever.

Jun 22, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 6
The Duracell Ultra batteries seem to give me the best bang for the buck with the Cosmic. But my usage is about 40% AC and 60% battery, so I don't have any good statistics on battery life.

Jun 22, 2002 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 6
I am too lazy to do some research for you now. But in general, check the mah capacity of any battery you buy and compare it to alkalines. Some D nicads are very low in capacity compared to alkalines. If you are concerned about cost, check out the Walgreens alkalines. These are priced cheap and work ok. They have sales sometimes and they are quite reasonable.

There is also the not-in-use discharge rate, and memory of batteries. If you don't use batteries much, or you don't carry spares (so you can discharge batteries fully) alkalines might just be the best.

Jun 22, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 6
I got some Radio Shack D cell NiMH's to use in my boom box out by the pool. 2 for $15.00 and they're 4500mah. Price / power seems better than Thomas.

BTW they seem to last longer than Duracells playing CD's.

Aiwa AM/FM/CD/Cassette, supposed to be 5 watts/channel/ Don't really care 'cause it sounds good at the pool. sounds like **** in the house, but different expectations.

The wall-wart for the Cosmic/Supreme/old TAH is 5 volt. I don't think you'll notice any difference with good NiMH's, 'cause the Cosmic uses DC/DC voltage converters to step up the voltage to 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back