Recent K501 buyers: brown or black (or grey?) rings, and where did you buy them?
Feb 27, 2006 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been considering purchasing the K501, but I want to ensure that I land myself ones with brown rings. Obviously, I could buy used brownies, problem solved. But let's just pretend I want to buy them new. I've noted that brown rings have come from both TTVJ and Headroom, but is this consistent? If you've purchased them recently, could you let us know where you got them, when you bought them, and what color the rings were? Appreciated.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 14
Purchased two weeks ago (maybe three) from HeadRoom, brown rings.
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 14
Well I just ordered a pair from TTVJ. I'm crossing my fingers and sincerely hoping to get the brown rings... I didn't want to wait the 2-4 weeks that Headroom currently states for availability.

Chris

Mar 2, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 14
i honestly dont understand the whole pads thing. Im sure it does change bass but there is something called an equilizer...

i think? i have black rings? im not sure. Whatever the case, on my emu 0404, i just tweak the equilizer...and man there is as much bass as my ms-1s, and it aint bloated or distorted or anything.

now maybe if you dont have an equilizer or somethin...i can understand...but you are pretty much going to use them as a home can (portable k501s?? that would be mad...hehehe!!! wait a sec...but think about having that sound as a portable rig...mmmm...i guess its possible?
orphsmile.gif
) so...even if you dont get the brown rings...fricken use common sense and tweak your equilizer settings a bit.

anyhoo, enough of the rant! good luck getting them!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 14
by lifting the pad up slightly. it will be immediately obvious then.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #10 of 14
Is the difference between the two version really that big? I used to have the black ring ones and I hated em. Maybe I should try to get my hands on the brown ring version.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Is the difference between the two version really that big? I used to have the black ring ones and I hated em. Maybe I should try to get my hands on the brown ring version.

Somehow I doubt it... people have described a change in color, but nobody said anything about the design being different. Obviously it would have to be to affect the bass, but what the heck could they do to a pair of pads to significantly increase bass?
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Somehow I doubt it... people have described a change in color, but nobody said anything about the design being different. Obviously it would have to be to affect the bass, but what the heck could they do to a pair of pads to significantly increase bass?
confused.gif

Check here for theories on differences in bass.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 14
Just got it from headroom.com, black...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back