Received my Triple Fi.10 yesterday
Dec 4, 2010 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

CyberAthlete

100+ Head-Fier

[size=medium]
I received mine yesterday around 2pm. Have been on burn-in since then.

I've been reading that some people are not happy with either the packaging, or the quality of sound. I believe that 

1) we paid 1/4th the retail price for these, and based on that fact the packaging should not be the major concern. The box looks nice, even if the velcro seal was not properly placed and you're not receiving the full retail package (as long as all the accessories are there, who cares about the box)? No one else will ever see or know what they came in. I understand that it's nice to have the full retail package experience, but at that price, I think we should just consider ourselves lucky to be able to get one of those. How often does a $125,000 car sell brand new for $32,000? And just because it won't come with real leather seats at 1/4th the price doesn't mean that it's not worth the investment.

2) the earphones do need to go through a burn in process before they should be judged.

3) I think some of us had super high expectations as if the sound coming from them would be so divine and unmatched as if you're listening to 3-way speakers. The fact they may marginally sound better (to some) than any headphone they've owned before, is just due to the lack of the burn in process AND fitting. However, out of the box, I could tell that the soundstage was one of the best that I've experienced on IEPhones. Nice separation of frequencies. Bass was really smooth, well defined and not over powering drowning out the highs and mids with them.

4) The fit is definitely something I and prob some of us have to get used to. I've always owned and preferred straight plugin in-ear headphones. I've never liked nor preferred over/around the ear fits and I was a bit disappointed that was the case here. But I am getting used to it, and I did some research online to see how to best fit them. I know that the comply medium size tips have worked for me in the past, so I ordered the comply T-500 medium ear tips the same day as i ordered the Triple Fi.10 to ensure if the silicone buds that come with the T-Fi10 don't work, at least the comply will. Besides I've always liked how the bass sounds coming through the comply tips.

My burn in process is now 24 hours in, I will let them burn in for another 24 hours and then give you a full run down of my impressions on the various types of music (going through my iRiver H140 but all direct CD rips at 128 kbps)

Thanks again slickdeals.net You rock!!! And thanks to head-fi.org for all the reviews, suggestions and feedback. :)))
[/size]

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 32
Guess burn-in is in the eye of the beholder, but with BAs, burn-in is less an issue, I believe. And 128k rips? Doubt that will give you the best possible sound, even if you used EAC or some other high-quality ripper. My guess is the TF10s will sound pretty much the same after 48 hours on the burn-in machine.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 32

Quote:
Guess burn-in is in the eye of the beholder, but with BAs, burn-in is less an issue, I believe. And 128k rips? Doubt that will give you the best possible sound, even if you used EAC or some other high-quality ripper. My guess is the TF10s will sound pretty much the same after 48 hours on the burn-in machine.

ear.

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 32
imo, you should post these in the tf10 appreciation thread instead of making a new one.

either way burn-in doesn't change BA drivers, well it didn't change my tf10. and you should use 320k, 256k at the least.

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 32
128k rips? I can tell the difference from 128 and 320 from stock crappy ipod earbuds. You're not doing the trips justice with that bitrate, heck it might make your music sound worst since the rips are so compressed.

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 32
I do have back up rips of the same tracks in 256kbps. I just don't keep them on the portable Mp3 player since they tend to drain battery faster.

Dec 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 32
LOL.
I believe blah blah blah but I listen at 128k to save batteries.
Thanks for playing, can't wait for your theories on high finance.

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 32

Quote:
LOL.
I believe blah blah blah but I listen at 128k to save batteries.
Thanks for playing, can't wait for your theories on high finance.

Who is this guy?

To OP:  I'd suggest looking at OGG. Irivers run it natively. If you need more space maybe you should consider a drive upgrade. misticriver.net has a ton of resources on that stuff. Post if you have any questions. A few of us are still around to answer them. :)

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #14 of 32

Quote:
I do have back up rips of the same tracks in 256kbps. I just don't keep them on the portable Mp3 player since they tend to drain battery faster.

What did i just read????!!!!!!!!!1

my head just exploded!

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #15 of 32

Quote:
Quote:

What did i just read????!!!!!!!!!1

my head just exploded!

oh my god.....

http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=4672

"Note: Songs with a higher bitrate will cause a battery to drain faster. Re-ripping the songs with a lower bitrate is recommended. Suggested bit rates are 64kbps for WMA files and 128 kbps for MP3 files."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back