Received A700 in error (instead of AD700)
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

djmer

New Head-Fier
I know the comparisons between these headphones have been done, and I've looked at a good deal of posts through the search, but... I need an opinion on which would better suit my particular musical tastes.

I listen to mostly Indie Rock (The Decemberists, Sufjan Stevens, Arcade Fire) and Electronica (Aphex Twin/IDM), and I also occasionally game on the computer.

From what I've read, the AD700 offer a much wider soundstage, lending themselves more readily to genres such as ambient and other music that is less-bass heavy. I also read that their bass is clear and pronounced, but doesn't quite give the thump-thump that the A700 do.

The only real pair of "audiophile" headphones I've owned before these are the Sennheiser HD-280, and I really enjoyed those (aside from comfort issues). I like a headphone that allows for a somewhat analytical listening style, without coloring the music too heavily.

Which model do you think would suit me better? (I'm going to open up the A700 and listen to them regardless, I just want to know if I should ship them back for the AD700. Problem is, if ship them back and then I find out I like the A700 better, I don't have the cash to buy them at the moment.
atsmile.gif
)

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 17
I'd probably go for the AD700.

If you think you liked the A700 better, buy the JVC HAR-X700. They're $35 and I can't really tell the difference between those and A700's.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electronics Expo

One of these threads should probably be a sticky. It seems like a new one gets started every day.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electronics Expo

Yes. I thought they would have figured out they were shipping the wrong headphones by now, but I was sadly mistaken. I agree about making a sticky, and sorry for cluttering the boards up with yet another one of these threads
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 17
I've read elsewhere on these forums that if you ship it back to Electronics Expo they will just ship you back the A700's. In fact, what I'm most interested in is, has anyone actually received a pair of AD700's from Electronics Expo? Perhaps someone should start a poll
frown.gif

As for me, I kept the A700's they sent me.. because I don't consider Electronics Expo reliable enough to not mess anything up if I sent them back.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 17
I got the A700's too and called before they shipped and told them I wanted to make sure I got the right pair, and they said it was fine.

Of course, got the A700's instead. I'm pissed. I'm calling them and no one is answering the phone. Someone actually just picked up and hung up right away. Classy.

I'm demanding a refund without even sending back the headphones. This is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering people sent them back and got the SAME pair back.

And they cost $89 on Amazon now, I hope the price doesn't keep going up! (It was like $85 the other day)

Ugh.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 17
That jacked up, I wouldnt return it either as they might just send you something lesser. Just to piss you off even more =/.

You might have to get the BBB on them.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExplosiveDuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the A700's too and called before they shipped and told them I wanted to make sure I got the right pair, and they said it was fine.

Of course, got the A700's instead. I'm pissed. I'm calling them and no one is answering the phone. Someone actually just picked up and hung up right away. Classy.

I'm demanding a refund without even sending back the headphones. This is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering people sent them back and got the SAME pair back.

And they cost $89 on Amazon now, I hope the price doesn't keep going up! (It was like $85 the other day)

Ugh.

If you bought them on credit and the company won't give you a refund, just tell your CC company to deny the charge.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 17
I just called them today and I told the guy I ordered a pair of headphones but received the wrong model. He said, "Let me guess. Audio-Technica? Got the A700 instead of the AD700?". He said it was a problem in their inventory and sent me a UPS return label to my e-mail. (received it in less than 5 minutes) They seem to have gotten the problem fixed if anyone is worried about ordering from them.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #12 of 17
Yeah - I called them about 15 more times and someone finally answered. He was slightly helpful, but was a little bit unnerved. I told him that I ordered something and got something else and he said "Let me guess, you ordered a pair of headphones and got the wrong ones" - So apparantly it's a pretty big problem they've had.

He told me after a little while that what happened was they had a mistake in the barcodes of things, basically that the boxes / products are packaged / named so similar that they accidentally called one the other when they registered the barcodes.

I don't even know if I believe it, but they sent me a label to ship it back to them via UPS and they'll fix it and turn it around.

My biggest problem is just that I called before my order shipped and the guy told me that it would be fine.

I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt though, sounds like someone just made a big mistake when they did the barcode scanning.

Anyways, now I have to wait another week and a half to get the headphones.

They wouldn't compensate me in any way because there's barely any markup on the headphones, and whatever markup they had they just lost by having to pay for 3x the shipping.

Meh. Looks like I'll have to settle for my borrowed pair for another week or two.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #13 of 17
spend the extra seven bucks or whatever to get the Amazon product, they have free shipping and you can sign up for Amazon Prime, free for a month with no obligation and they will ship it to you in two business days free...E.Expo will charge for shipping, plus screw you around.
I agree that there should be a sticky!

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 17
Well, I hate Electronics Expo. This happened to me. I sent them back once already and they messed up again. There was an error in the barcode and it is fixed now. I am going to talk with the supervisor tomorrow. At a minimum I am getting really fast shipping. I may get store credit with my extreme ranting. I will let you know how the talk goes tomorrow, after my discussion with the supervisor.

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #15 of 17
Hmm, 4 days later and my 2 day shipment hasn't come in yet. Amazon has already refunded my shipping and hopefully I don't end up in the same situation as you guys with E.Expo and end up waiting till mid next week for them. Still got 2 hours for them to come in though so hopefully they do and I got free 3 day shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back