Reccomend me a music service...
Apr 22, 2007 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JarodL1

100+ Head-Fier
I tried doing the whole EAC thing and I don't have the patience to rip cd's and deal with that.

From what I understand iTunes quality sucks. I know no one out there offers flac, but what is the best alternative. I don't mind paying. It seems like Zune marketplace is my best bet, 192 bit wma.

Oink seems nice but I can't deal with uploading albums.

Apr 22, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 9
iTunes' uses 128K AAC at the moment, but starting next month they will be offering tracks from EMI at 256K AAC (and DRM Free) for an extra $0.30 (or albums for the normal price)

Though the only online music download services I personally think are worth using at all would be subscription services, and for those I'd recommend Yahoo's or Urge's, as they would work on more portables compared to Zune.

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 9
Emusic is a great one...they have a monthly fee...bitrates of mostly 192 and higher variable...and there unprotected...so that makes them compatible with any device....I've purchased music from there and the sound is very good.

But if I was you I'd rip my music with a different easier encoder...there's hundreds out there. Your gonna get the best guaranteed sound quality.

Don't spend your money on protected music....especially $1.30 a song. Personally I'd never spend a dime for protected music especially at such a low bitrate.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 9
Don't buy any compressed audio music, unless you can find a lossless format.

My subscription service of choice is URGE-- wma 192Kbps. It is quality compressed encoding; large selection; and easy transfer to an MP3 player. I won't buy music anymore until someone offers it in FLAC or wma lossless for less than a CD would cost
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 9
allofmp3 are better than all others because it's let's you choose the format and bitrate. MusicGiants offer WMA losless with good price.

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 9
The only way to get the music industry to stop selling music with use restrictions is for all of us to STOP buying it
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back