Reccemend me a good player?
Aug 1, 2008 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

DeltaX5

100+ Head-Fier
I was really thinking on getting an 80 gig Zune but after doing some research i found out that you can't use it also as a hard drive. Witch really sucks. I am looking for something that has a built in fm radio, amazing sound quality, plays video for my pod casts and be able to store files on it.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 26
Cowons family of players is a good start. You can look at the Q5 or A2/A3.

There's also the Sandisk Sansa Fuze/Clip (8GB Cap ATM, expandable MicroSDHC), Cowon D2 (16GB cap ATM, expandable SDHC), Sony NWZ-A/Sxxx series for you to consider as well.

The SmartQ T5 II PMP is also a potential candidate with nasty specs (600MHz processor + Wolfson WM8987 DAC), a good screen and wide codec support, audio and video wise, and a low price point.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 26
you could try and relabel your files from

lalalala.doc to lalala.doc.mp3

to try and fool the player.
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully it'll let you just store the file.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 26
To make things easier i have Grado SR 125, yuin pk2 headphones and a PA2V2 amp (may upgrade in future). Also this will be my main source so i am trying to get amazing sound quality.
thanks you Zephyron very much. Ill check them out.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 26
I too am sticking to getting the new Zune 80. I was previously leaning to get a cowon D2 16 gigs but i dont think i would be up to the task of buying SDHCs on the regular and carrying them about.
So since the zune has a great reponse from people on this board and elsewhere i'm gonna go with it.

I didnt mean to hijack this thread in anyway.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #8 of 26
Alright ill go with the cowon d2. I hope it won't let me down since this will be my only source.
Can I get it in Canada? Are there any stores that sell them in Canada? If I have to any online stores that ship to Canada. But i rather actually go to a store to look at it before buying.
Also can my Xbox 360 detect the songs and movies on the player?

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 26
The D2 is available in Canada - try and get the 16gb model if you can. Give some feedback after you've had a little private time alone!!!

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #10 of 26
x3 d2

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 26
Just wondering how the radio reception on it. I am usually in Markham and Toronto area. Just wondering if anyone here who happens to look at this post can tell me if it picks up some radio stations. Mostly listen to 103.5, 102.1 and 97.7.
Also i need some places i can buy the 16 gig model. I found that compu Canada sells them but only the 8 gig models and bellow.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 26
Oh GAWD!!! I just went through a big thing about this in another forum! Here goes: The D2's radio is HORRIBLE!!! Unless you use the DAB version (useless to us here in the US and Canada I'm afraid) the reception is terrible. And even when you DO tune stations in it's in MONO. It MAY say stereo - but it's NOT. IT LIES!!!. Seriously, the radio is the 1 major weakness of the D2. If it's a major selling point for you then, please, find another player. Otherwise - the rest is "peaches & cream".

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 26
Save The Zune,........ Save The World!
Zune sounds great and the radio is the BEST of all players - PERIOD!!! Is it available in Canada yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back