Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #181 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the cable stiff and awkward like the stock triple cable or is it better quality?

No its really flexable and very durable. I used one everyday for atleast 8months working construction. The cable is twisted with a very soft but durable coating. I have since moved on to the se530 to be honest i miss that cable. A UE owner should really consider buying one.

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #182 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by morsegist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has UA, or anyone else, developed a cable with an in line mic for the iphone? I noticed another thread that said UA will not sell the 10vi cable separately.

I've been looking for this for a while and haven't found anything yet. Very frustrating. In the end I had to make my own franken-cable to do the job for me... but I would much prefer a more professional version.

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #183 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking for this for a while and haven't found anything yet. Very frustrating. In the end I had to make my own franken-cable to do the job for me... but I would much prefer a more professional version.

easy solution a fellow head-fier who need not be named on this forum just called ue and said that the cable on her triple fi vi's split and UE sent her a brand new vi cable so I would test your luck and try to do that

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #184 of 232
i don't know but i feel just fine using the stock cable, a little different than my eb i tested this cable, it does give a little more bass but i really like my triple fi just fine
3199838680_10eca7a077_m.jpg

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #185 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easy solution a fellow head-fier who need not be named on this forum just called ue and said that the cable on her triple fi vi's split and UE sent her a brand new vi cable so I would test your luck and try to do that

If I'd rather not do that... what do you think it would cost to have someone do it for me?
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #187 of 232
Head-fi'er Kirby suggested a way to get a vi cable that should have been obvious to me before: ebay. You can hunt for user "mega.toyz" and score one for around $40 bucks. It costs more than deceiving UE but might make you feel better. Even better than that I'm having Germania make me an ass kickin custom cable with an iphone mic and remote.

I'll post with impressions once I get it.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #188 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi'er Kirby suggested a way to get a vi cable that should have been obvious to me before: ebay. You can hunt for user "mega.toyz" and score one for around $40 bucks. It costs more than deceiving UE but might make you feel better. Even better than that I'm having Germania make me an ass kickin custom cable with an iphone mic and remote.

I'll post with impressions once I get it.

So you are The Guy getting the cable. I've had discussions with Germania and am considering one myself, for my Westone customs.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #190 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by zengi0811 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Shure's Music Phone Adapter helps iPhone / BlackBerry / Palm Treo-users:

Shure - Music Phone Adapter

I have the Griffin iPhone adapter, but like the Shure it adds way too much length to the earphone cord that I hardly use it. I ended up with a pair of NE-7M and Phonak Audeo iPhone headsets instead (gave away the Z.bud crap).

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #191 of 232
Just got the null-audio Lune Silver Cable, plenty more detail out of my iPod. It has L and R written on the cables do those should be tucked inwards towards the housing or outwards? Tucked them inwards like the UE ones, and it sounds ok so i think thats how it should be.

Also where the cable is terminating at the housing is exposed, there is no cover like the UE stock cable. Microphoics have increased significantly.

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #193 of 232
Cool! there are no issues with the sound from what i can hear, so i think it is right. :p I Got the new Lune silver cable it is very clear and probably neutral. Its kinda weird out of my iPod, sometimes the bass is just not there :p sometimes its there plenty :p very quality bass tight... somehow loses some boom compared to the stock.

Yeah it seems couple of albums didnt sound as nice as before. When i had a look at the bitrate it was 192KB/s VBR mp3 :p thats probably why, i heard alot of the stuff in the spectrum are just missing!. So probably need good source as well, as it could be pretty revealing now.

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #194 of 232
Just got my Lune cable on my triple.fi's. I got the cable mainly for the style factor and really hoping and expecting no or minimal change in sound quality. I will say that I was wrong about that. To me there is a significant improvement and immediately noticeable improvement in midrange and lower-mids and an improvement in soundstage and imaging. Bass is tighter and punchier. I feel like the overall sound is warmer with Lune. I'm honestly wondering if I like the triple.fi's + Lune better than my Senn 650s (or Ultrasone 750 Pros) with this setup. I'm using Pico DAC / Amp to feed my WA6 (stock) w/ Sophia rectifier. Mids are SOOOO sweet now and the bass is right where it needs to be. I'm going to do some serious A/B'ing of cables but I can say right off the bat there is a very welcome improvement, at least to my ears. Microphonics are very bad but it is not seeming to be a problem when music is playing. More to come...

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #195 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microphonics are very bad but it is not seeming to be a problem when music is playing. More to come...

There is noticable microphonics even wearing them cable over-ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back