Real Sony MDR-V700DJ *** Lots of pictures ***
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just wanted to share with everyone pictures of my real Sony MDR-V700DJ that I bought many years ago.  Everything is original, but I don't have the box.  Hope the large pictures will help you decide if you have the real thing or a fake.  

The Font on the "R" & "L" matches on everything that shows which side.

Noticed the imprinted "R", not the Red one.  The Font on the stamped "R" matches the red one.

"CE" is stamped on the inside of the Right side

"Made in Japan" is stamped on the inside of the left side.  I believe the newer versions are "Made in Thailand"

I noticed that on the outside there are vent holes.  Not sure if fakes ones will have that.

The rings around the connector are Green.  The word "Sony" is stamped on the connector.

The pouch is a soft plastic material.  It's kinda in a pearl white color.

The ear pads are not super soft leather, but it's nice feeling and I think it would hold up to some abuse.

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Someday I plan to post a detailed review of these things. You see, I had not one pair but two before I discovered what hi-fi is really capable of. Your sample is pristine. They don't look like that for long once you start listening to them.

For the record, no, the pads don't hold up at all. They flake away to dust. I could say so much more, but I'll save it for the review.

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 7
The Real Sony MDR-V700DJ are popular among the DJ/DJ-wannabe set, becoming a sort of GenX status symbol. The plastic is flimsy with stress fractures appearing at 4 months around both the hinges.These head phones are decent isolation from external sound, flashy style, and good comfort for full-size headphones.

Playhouses

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 7
i just bought a pair of these tonight at guitar center, and they dont have the CE imprint on them, is that the case with the ones that just say Thailand on the other side?

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 7
ok thanks, i was ust wondering because of the lack of CE and the cable is wound a bit weird, thanks alot 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back