Read The Forums!!! Got much more trouble now! Cant decide between Altec Lansing UHP336 and Denon Ah-C551 and NuForce NE-8
Sep 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 23
I have ordered Meelectronics AI-M6. Thank you guys
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 23
If you're looking for detail without excessive bass, The Altec 336s are an unusual choice, while the Denons would be a straightforward mistake. Any particular reason you're not thinking along the lines of Shure/Etymotic/Head Direct?

@mwv: I understand that a genre of music won't tell you the sound quality the listener prefers, but it does tell you the tradeoffs a listener is willing to make. If all you listen to is acapella music, for example, then it doesn't matter if your unit sounds like crap outside the vocal range, because you'll never hear it.

Few genres has a sound spectrum so narrow, but most genres have a region of the sound spectrum that can be sacrificed without subtantially altering the sound. A person who listens to classical music--especially pure string pieces--lose little with headphones that drop the low bass (<100 Hz): organ pedal tones, the contrabasson. (Has anyone ever even heard a contra on an orchestral recording?)

Similarly, if you listen to classic rock, you can drop most of the highest tones (>6 kHz) and miss at most some definition with the snares and cymbals; there aren't too many notes up there, and some of us wouldn't hear them too well if there were.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #20 of 23
I could only find chance to try and write my opinions about the Meelectronics Ai-M6 (sports ver.) recently...

First impressions: Cheap looking package, cheap and useless carry pouch, nice cable retainer, nice tips (wish there were foamies also), nice airplane adapter. Difficult to fit earphone, very muddy and dominant bass, lack of soundstage, lack of highs... Very very nice cable, its completely tangle free, seems very durable and very very low microphonics. Mini jack and other connection parts seems durable. Mini jack is angled and gold plated (nice).

After about 100 hours burn: Bass has tightened, goes deeper than any of the previous headphones-earphones that I have tried, highs are well presented and balanced now, soundstage has improved dramatically, mids are also balanced and well presented. I am very much surprised. No any other headphone that I have tried changes its character with burning process this dramatically. For anyone thinking of buying Ai-M6, I have to say that they must at least be burned for 100 hours. If you remove the memory wire and getting used to wearing, it is really very easy and comfortable to fit!

The headphone could become my favorite for casual (day-long) listening, even in bed. But the one I received had some major issues. The right earpiece crackles as I try to push it to my earcanal, also there were some plastic chips on the sound tube which I have removed with my nail, also the two pieces of main plastic (shell) seperates from each other on the right earpiece
frown.gif
Some of the high-frequencies are getting lost if I dont fit it very carefully. And sometimes if I push the outer shell of the right earphone with the tip of my finger I can hear the highs cleanly.

So I send a mail to Meelec and Martie from customer service replied very fast and positively
regular_smile .gif

I have taken the macro photos of the right earpiece and send them with my opinions. Since I moved to Turkey I have explained them the situation and they are now sending me another Ai-M6 (now I preffer the Maun one).

Great and fast customer service, greatest of all that I came across
bigsmile_face.gif

Now, back to the Ai-M6, without the abovementioned problems the earphone is a great value... It surprises me everytime I wear it.

The earphone must be fitted with the right sized eartips. This is very important. It blocks-out the outside noise better than ep-630 and cx300, but not an ideal earphone if you are in a very noisy environment. I have seen in another thread and with the advise of the people (couldn't remember the names, sorry) I have also removed the memory wire (copper thingie). Now its easier to fit. Anyone who uses ai-m6 should try this mod.

At the same period one of my friends ordered iMaximo im-590. I have tried it and it sounds great as well, but the right earpice is already dead... The cable connection parts were weak in that model. She is now trying to find customer support e-mail of the company... The support thing is very much important. People must now the guarantee and support details of the brands before any purchase.

Meelestronics received my Customer Relations Diamond for their support
bigsmile_face.gif

After receiving and burning the maun color Ai-M6's I will post my opinions as well.

Thank you guys for your replies
smile.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #23 of 23
I have received the maun color Ai-M6 today!
icon10.gif

Meelec guarantee and service is great!
bigsmile_face.gif
They are very positive and fast. The package of the parcel were also excellent. I will shoot an e-mail to them...

Now I am burning them. I will write my opinions later...
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back