RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul???
Jul 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #31 of 53
@mvw2 FX700 is not available in india and w3, w4 are out of my budget one is 350$ and other is 500$ now i am left with re262,GR07,EX600,any clue how ex600 matches up with re262.And yes mvw2 a very good explanation.

@anderoan ex600 soundstage is bigger than re262 ,i heard that re262 also has a bigger soundstage.what is the sound signature of ex600 when compared to re262 and i am waiting for your reply after burn in ,what will you choose b/w re262 and ex600.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #32 of 53
Putting it in mvw2's perspective, I would agree that the TF10 and FX700s are good options as they both have good note texturing with a solid dynamic range to make the experience engaging. RE262 is also a good option as well if you can get a deep fit reversing the channels and perhaps pairing it with a warmer source, it's dynamic range is huge. Great post as always mvw2, dynamic range is an aspect that is often overlooked.

@OP
Mvw2 hasn't heard the EX600 but he probably will get a chance pretty soon as I plan to loan him mine. 

RE262 has a more intimate soundstage compared to the EX600. It's narrower but it may have as much if not more depth. EX600s are balanced and clear with some texturing of the note and not too thin. RE262s are more colored as it's bass is punchier, the midrange is warmer and up front and the treble takes a back seat. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #33 of 53

Quote:

Hey deepanshu830, well from my limited IEM experience, and how it's seeming, your looking for some good and engaging mids, the 262's are the smoothest and the sweetest between the 3 that I've had, the (TF10's, 600's, and 262's), the 262's also have a nice and engaging low end, and although I like alot of bass, (and having the Voyager helps in that area immensely), the 262's don't have a ton of it, but what's there is tight and well defined, so more quality than quantity, unlike the TF10's that has alot of bass, but compared to the 262's comes across as muddy? and thats what hooked me in and got me to trade away my TF10's without a second thought, but if I'd never owned the TF10's I'd probably not appreciate the 262's in the same manner, {after having felt pain, I can now appreciate pleasure even more, and  I'm not saying the TF10's represent the pain,} but because in experiencing the one I now have a better context for placing the other kind of thing, if that makes sense, hence forth my limited experience, in the way of not having tried out more IEM's, but thats what all the Threads on Head-Fi are for!! thank goodness, or I'd have to rob a bank, lol, but I know what I liked and didn't like, and in going over other peoples threads and posts on the 3 that I've owned I can agree with alot of it, I loved my TF10's until I tried the 262's, and now I have the 600's to help put those into contex, just like after I get the ZO!!
L3000.gif
 I'll have some more context for what amping can do!! albiet it will besimilar in what the Voyager already does? {context and contrast, smaller differences can help provide better context? and  larger differences can help provide contrast?} well my .02 worth anyway  

I'm listening to the 600's right now and the mids are still harsh, and I will wear them all day, but I will burn them in tonoight using alot of different frequency sweeps, white and pink noise, and some more stuff, to try to tame the mids on them, but also it isn't harsh with all the types of music that I'm listening to, when it plays well its FREAKING AWESOME!!! but when the siblince is there its very harsh, but the 600's do have a larger soundstage presence? like as if I was wearing full sized cans, if it wasn't for the harsh mids on the 600's, I'd be putting the 262's up for sale today,

ex600 soundstage is bigger than re262 ,i heard that re262 also has a bigger soundstage.what is the sound signature of ex600 when compared to re262 and i am waiting for your reply after burn in ,what will you choose b/w re262 and ex600.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #34 of 53

Quote:
Triple.Fi 10 or FX700 definite win from that list.  The FX700 is warm while the Triple.Fi 10 is bright.

I would lean you slightly to the FX700 as it's a little better balanced and offers more detail.  The Triple.Fi 10 is more mindlessly fun though, but the coloration is more.

The idea of the GR07 being better than the FX700 is subjective.  From a broad spectrum viewpoint, I don't think they are far off from each other.  They are however geared quite a bit different from each other.  Personal preference plays a HUGE role in what one person likes versus another person.  I've used the GR07 and FX700 as well as many others.  Really, it stops becoming a matter of being absolutely better with these higher priced earphones and mostly becomes a matter of gearing and personal fitment to the preferences of the individual.  It's not that the FX700 or GR07 is better.  It's that they are different.  I liked the GR07 for certain reasons and disliked the GR07 for certain reasons.  I liked the FX700 for certain reasons and disliked the FX700 for certain reasons.  I do have my personal preference and favorites when it comes to earphones.  For example, I still like the Ortofon e-Q7 more than the FX700 or GR07.  Is the e-Q7 better?  Again, no.  It's simply different.  Once you get up to $150 and above, it's not really a matter of better or worse.  It's just a matter of trade-offs and gearing and how those fit your own personal preference.  the e-Q7 fits my preference better than either the FX700 or GR07, even the Triple.Fi 10 for that matter.  I personally favor the FX700 to the GR07 too, again due to my personal preferences.  Really, they all perform well in their own ways.  Each just performs well differently and makes different trade-offs.

When discussing emotional context in music, we are discussing the ability for the earphone to convey emotion.  Mostly this means that the earphone is very dynamic.  Dynamic range allows the ability for the earphone to present sounds loud or quiet and vary the range greatly between the two ends.  This in many regards is what allows the creation of emotion in music.  It isn't everything though.  I also do prefer to see a reasonable amount of decay and texturing too.  This helps provide length of a note to actually give time to describe the emotion well and the texturing means there is a reasonable level of detail and articulation of sounds to create meaningful information.  A very dynamic earphone with very short decay and little texture can sound ghostly and hollow, ex. RE262 and SE530.  An earphone with long decay that lacks dynamic range and texture is a bit monotone and lacks details and articulation.  An earphone with excellent texturing but lacks dynamic range may be detailed but lacks enough variation in the presentation to become very emotional.  It often takes a good mix of things.  I will say that texture and subsequently some decay is very important in filling out the presentation.  This helps create the space and presence of the music, the life.  However, once you have the life, you must animate it, and this is what dynamics do.  A lack of texture and decay means a lack of life.  Dynamics without life is just a ghostly experience.  However, life without animation is dead too.  You do need an earphone with a good mix of both.  For example, one of my favorite earphones in terms of emotional context is the UM3X, heavily textured and very dynamic.  The coloration is a big issue though as it was geared more for professional use.  However, this is why the Westone earphones like the W3 and W4 are really well liked.  Stepping away from IEMs, I've also really liked the OK1 earbuds for the same reason.  The ability to convey emotion is a tough thing to do sometimes.

Out of the group you picked, I would most heavily point you to the FX700.  I do slightly prefer the e-Q7 though to it, and I would definitely point you to Westone as options.  You really should be looking at something like the W3 or W4. 

FX700 is not available in india and w3, w4 are out of my budget one is 350$ and other is 500$ now i am left with re262,GR07,EX600,any clue how ex600 matches up with re262.And yes mvw2 a very good explanation.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 53
@inks have you tried pairing up digizod zo with re262 i have read on some review digizod was paired with dba-02 and its bass was sounding like TF10 in quantity and quality,if it can sound with dba-02 then it can also handle re262 to that level.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #36 of 53
Great post (again) by mvw2. Those two would have been my choices too - both are 'fun' IEMs without the need to resort to ZO.

Local availability does not mean much. In the case of 262 as 4 out 5 owners had failures within 3 months (brendon had it twice). If you have ways to source the IEMs in the US and have somebody bring it, that would be the ideal way to buy IEMs. For FX700, you can also contact Musica Acoustics and see if Dimitri has it / can arrange one for you. FWIW, when buying from outside of India, support matters and so far I've been a regular and satisfactory customer of MA based on my own experience and the friends I referred to.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #37 of 53

Quote:
Great post (again) by mvw2. Those two would have been my choices too - both are 'fun' IEMs without the need to resort to ZO.

Local availability does not mean much. In the case of 262 as 4 out 5 owners had failures within 3 months (brendon had it twice). If you have ways to source the IEMs in the US and have somebody bring it, that would be the ideal way to buy IEMs. For FX700, you can also contact Musica Acoustics and see if Dimitri has it / can arrange one for you. FWIW, when buying from outside of India, support matters and so far I've been a regular and satisfactory customer of MA based on my own experience and the friends I referred to.

Hey esanthosh

is the 4 out of 5 failure rate pertain to the newer design that comes with the 70 degree angled plug that's balanced or unbalanced? I thought that the failure rate had to do with the original version with the 90 degree plug, or is it both versions? I had an older version that quit on me, and they replaced it with the newer 70 degree unbalanced version, and that one is doing great so far?

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #39 of 53
My RE262 is the original right angle. I don't baby it at all. I've had it for about 10 months and it's perfectly fine.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #40 of 53
Quote:
i just wow'ed at your signature eric. idk if its the right place to ask but, gr07 >> fx700? dont take this wrong im not judging or disagree with your opinion, just be surprised and curious about that

I think they're pretty comparable. FX700 is like GR07 + boosts. Some more bass boost, better high extension, some mid-highs boost.
What some call a more consumer-oriented sound signature.
Indeed, GR07 can put lots of detail with deep insertion, even without eq. Unfortunately, the Comply P I use for that eat highs with the narrow nozzle.
FX700 is close, but slightly behind.

Thus I need to find a company that'd make custom tips with 3.5mm nozzle and good length... (for GR07)

EX600 I haven't heard yet.

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #41 of 53

Quote:
Quote:
I think they're pretty comparable. FX700 is like GR07 + boosts. Some more bass boost, better high extension, some mid-highs boost.
What some call a more consumer-oriented sound signature.

*snip*

Judging from what I read on your profile, you have never heard the FX700, so please tell me how you can make such sweeping statements...

IMO, the FX700 has too hot of highs and not enough mid-bass to be deemed "consumer-oriented." I've never heard the GR07, so I can't compare the two.

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #42 of 53
i am geting very good reviews for FX700 but it has some things missing which i want like isolation because i deal in a very noisy enviornment so i want an iem with very good isolation.I dont know why nobody is praising re262 but i am just on the verge of getting it ordered.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #43 of 53

Quote:
i am geting very good reviews for FX700 but it has some things missing which i want like isolation because i deal in a very noisy enviornment so i want an iem with very good isolation.I dont know why nobody is praising re262 but i am just on the verge of getting it ordered.

Probably because it needs extra "oomph" to drive it (like an amp....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back