RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul???
Jul 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 53

Quote:
Hey deepanshu830, from the sound of it, I've been where your going, for the most part,
smile_phones.gif
  I started out with the TF10's paired with an ipod classic 7th gen, an all silver lod, along with the Voyager!!! nice nice nice, the all silver lod really brought out the mids quite nicely and widened the the sound stage, then I picked up a set of RE262's!!!!!! hands down they're even more awesome than the TF10's, the clearity of the 262's, made the TF10's sound MUDDY? so out with the TF10's and in with the 262's, but I swapped out the silver lod with a Fiio L9 all copper lod!!! it pairs quite nicely with the 262's also!!! the all silver lod made the 262's too bright!! and the copper emphasizes the lower range, cables will make a difference!! and so the TF10's went towards a trade with @Majin, for his EX600's!!!! 
atsmile.gif
, well what can I say, out with the 262's? well not until my Zo arrives and I can pair everything up with that, should be on tuesday, but the 600's are sounding awesome, 2x's more engaging than the 262's, which where 10x's better than my TF10's? I didn't even think twice to trade them, no doubt in my mind, go figure, I loved those TF10's while I had them, but then I had to go snooping around, and spoiled them by getting some awesome 262's, and let me tell you, paired with the Voyager, those things shine, great bass, tight and punchy, smooth as hell mids, and good top end, I'm burning in the 600's, so I'll see how they match up? and then there is the ZO!!! talk about a monkey wrench, from what I've been reading it does what the contour switch on the Voyager does, enhances the whole sound spectrum, so more should be better, right? 
blink.gif
, anyway I'll be finding out soon enough,       

Hey ANDEROAN how do you compare ex600 with re262 ,does ex600 do it well what re262 do.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 53
I think all the IEMs mentioned have the same amount of midrange detail except for the TF10s. "Emotional Sound" is very broad, be more specific and you can get more precise answers. 

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #18 of 53

Quote:
I think all the IEMs mentioned have the same amount of midrange detail except for the TF10s. "Emotional Sound" is very broad, be more specific and you can get more precise answers. 

Not the DBA-02 

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #19 of 53
Hmm don't know what to say to that. I dislike the DBA02 but it is a very clear IEM (even more so than the GR07/EX600/RE262) and the details are there and up-front. The treble is more upfront than the midrange though. 

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #20 of 53

Quote:
Hmm don't know what to say to that. I dislike the DBA02 but it is a very clear IEM (even more so than the GR07/EX600/RE262) and the details are there and up-front. The treble is more upfront than the midrange though. 

Clear doesn't necessarily make for details (especially micro details). Some iems have more details than others. The DBA were missing a lot of details in the mids. I sat there and AB'ed them with the FX700 and SM3 (and even DDM). I don't get the appeal of that iem at all except for the highs. But we all here differently. I hear micro-details in the GR07 that I can't remember hearing in the FX700 mids or the EX600... So either my hearing is super good (which I doubt),  or I'm getting the best seal ever and these things are all that and a bag of chips.

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 53
Yes, of course I know great clarity doesn't create the most detailed sound (Example: EQ7/5). It looks like a poor fit. 

That may be case on the go if you add the isolating factor of the GR07s compared to the 600s and 700s. 

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #23 of 53

Quote:
Clear doesn't necessarily make for details (especially micro details). Some iems have more details than others. The DBA were missing a lot of details in the mids. I sat there and AB'ed them with the FX700 and SM3 (and even DDM). I don't get the appeal of that iem at all except for the highs. But we all here differently. I hear micro-details in the GR07 that I can't remember hearing in the FX700 mids or the EX600... So either my hearing is super good (which I doubt),  or I'm getting the best seal ever and these things are all that and a bag of chips.

i just wow'ed at your signature eric. idk if its the right place to ask but, gr07 >> fx700? dont take this wrong im not judging or disagree with your opinion, just be surprised and curious about that

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 53
RE262 have them more upfront than any of the mentioned and have the most dynamic range. Preference of mids are the most varied though, some like them more upfront some like them more laid back, some like them thicker, some like them thinner. There is no "best" mids when IEMs that are technically on par are compared you need to know your taste. 
i want a best mids iem.

@bakka that's the wonder of personal preferences. I've seen people rate the Eternas higher than top tiers like the FX700 and SM3s and there are many similar cases. An iem doesn't necessarily have to be that steep in price or performance to hit you with that wonderful satisfaction. Every IEM has it's share of flaws it's about what you can overlook and live with when it comes to sound. 

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #25 of 53

Quote:
Hey ANDEROAN how do you compare ex600 with re262 ,does ex600 do it well what re262 do.

Hey deepanshu830, well from my limited IEM experience, and how it's seeming, your looking for some good and engaging mids, the 262's are the smoothest and the sweetest between the 3 that I've had, the (TF10's, 600's, and 262's), the 262's also have a nice and engaging low end, and although I like alot of bass, (and having the Voyager helps in that area immensely), the 262's don't have a ton of it, but what's there is tight and well defined, so more quality than quantity, unlike the TF10's that has alot of bass, but compared to the 262's comes across as muddy? and thats what hooked me in and got me to trade away my TF10's without a second thought, but if I'd never owned the TF10's I'd probably not appreciate the 262's in the same manner, {after having felt pain, I can now appreciate pleasure even more, and  I'm not saying the TF10's represent the pain,} but because in experiencing the one I now have a better context for placing the other kind of thing, if that makes sense, hence forth my limited experience, in the way of not having tried out more IEM's, but thats what all the Threads on Head-Fi are for!! thank goodness, or I'd have to rob a bank, lol, but I know what I liked and didn't like, and in going over other peoples threads and posts on the 3 that I've owned I can agree with alot of it, I loved my TF10's until I tried the 262's, and now I have the 600's to help put those into contex, just like after I get the ZO!!
L3000.gif
 I'll have some more context for what amping can do!! albiet it will besimilar in what the Voyager already does? {context and contrast, smaller differences can help provide better context? and  larger differences can help provide contrast?} well my .02 worth anyway  

I'm listening to the 600's right now and the mids are still harsh, and I will wear them all day, but I will burn them in tonoight using alot of different frequency sweeps, white and pink noise, and some more stuff, to try to tame the mids on them, but also it isn't harsh with all the types of music that I'm listening to, when it plays well its FREAKING AWESOME!!! but when the siblince is there its very harsh, but the 600's do have a larger soundstage presence? like as if I was wearing full sized cans, if it wasn't for the harsh mids on the 600's, I'd be putting the 262's up for sale today,

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #26 of 53

Quote:
i just wow'ed at your signature eric. idk if its the right place to ask but, gr07 >> fx700? dont take this wrong im not judging or disagree with your opinion, just be surprised and curious about that

It's okay that you inquired @ bakka. As I've stated earlier (and many times), the FX700 is a wonderful in-ear monitor, and it's been my favorite universal up until now. My ranking isn't really based on which totally out performs the other (technically, the FX700 is overall probably still better than the GR07 and EX600). But without much burn-in (which I believe in with dynamics), the JVC is only better by a hair. So, the three are so close in performance to my ears that now I have to nitpick using the enjoyment factor.

And by doing that, there are certain sound factors (especially the layering and laying out of details in the mids coupled with just the right amount of fantastic bass) that makes me enjoy the GR07 more than I did the FX700. As much as i love the FX700, the somewhat recessed mids and extremely harsh highs (although those smoothed out over time) always bothered me. Bass sometimes - albeit clear - seemed too much at times. I love a detailed more forward mids section almost as equal as I love good bass. And the GR07 does that for me. The EX600 sits next to the FX700 because it's bass doesn't have the same punch as the GR07 (plus I like the way instruments are presented in the mid-section with the Vsonic than I do with the Sony). 

So technically, it is really a three-way tie for me when considering all factors. But enjoyment-wise (and considering the price points of the Vsonic, Sony vs. the JVC), the GR07 edges out slightly ahead.

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #27 of 53
Triple.Fi 10 or FX700 definite win from that list.  The FX700 is warm while the Triple.Fi 10 is bright.

I would lean you slightly to the FX700 as it's a little better balanced and offers more detail.  The Triple.Fi 10 is more mindlessly fun though, but the coloration is more.

The idea of the GR07 being better than the FX700 is subjective.  From a broad spectrum viewpoint, I don't think they are far off from each other.  They are however geared quite a bit different from each other.  Personal preference plays a HUGE role in what one person likes versus another person.  I've used the GR07 and FX700 as well as many others.  Really, it stops becoming a matter of being absolutely better with these higher priced earphones and mostly becomes a matter of gearing and personal fitment to the preferences of the individual.  It's not that the FX700 or GR07 is better.  It's that they are different.  I liked the GR07 for certain reasons and disliked the GR07 for certain reasons.  I liked the FX700 for certain reasons and disliked the FX700 for certain reasons.  I do have my personal preference and favorites when it comes to earphones.  For example, I still like the Ortofon e-Q7 more than the FX700 or GR07.  Is the e-Q7 better?  Again, no.  It's simply different.  Once you get up to $150 and above, it's not really a matter of better or worse.  It's just a matter of trade-offs and gearing and how those fit your own personal preference.  the e-Q7 fits my preference better than either the FX700 or GR07, even the Triple.Fi 10 for that matter.  I personally favor the FX700 to the GR07 too, again due to my personal preferences.  Really, they all perform well in their own ways.  Each just performs well differently and makes different trade-offs.

When discussing emotional context in music, we are discussing the ability for the earphone to convey emotion.  Mostly this means that the earphone is very dynamic.  Dynamic range allows the ability for the earphone to present sounds loud or quiet and vary the range greatly between the two ends.  This in many regards is what allows the creation of emotion in music.  It isn't everything though.  I also do prefer to see a reasonable amount of decay and texturing too.  This helps provide length of a note to actually give time to describe the emotion well and the texturing means there is a reasonable level of detail and articulation of sounds to create meaningful information.  A very dynamic earphone with very short decay and little texture can sound ghostly and hollow, ex. RE262 and SE530.  An earphone with long decay that lacks dynamic range and texture is a bit monotone and lacks details and articulation.  An earphone with excellent texturing but lacks dynamic range may be detailed but lacks enough variation in the presentation to become very emotional.  It often takes a good mix of things.  I will say that texture and subsequently some decay is very important in filling out the presentation.  This helps create the space and presence of the music, the life.  However, once you have the life, you must animate it, and this is what dynamics do.  A lack of texture and decay means a lack of life.  Dynamics without life is just a ghostly experience.  However, life without animation is dead too.  You do need an earphone with a good mix of both.  For example, one of my favorite earphones in terms of emotional context is the UM3X, heavily textured and very dynamic.  The coloration is a big issue though as it was geared more for professional use.  However, this is why the Westone earphones like the W3 and W4 are really well liked.  Stepping away from IEMs, I've also really liked the OK1 earbuds for the same reason.  The ability to convey emotion is a tough thing to do sometimes.

Out of the group you picked, I would most heavily point you to the FX700.  I do slightly prefer the e-Q7 though to it, and I would definitely point you to Westone as options.  You really should be looking at something like the W3 or W4. 

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #28 of 53
i need an iem which has a WOW factor and i should feel the music and connect to it as if i am lost in it and yes i am not a basshead.the bass should be limited but impactful.  HELP ME OUT PLZZ!!

Wow factor is a bad thing to shop for. This means the result is drastically different from the intended effect.

I have the RE262 and while they are great for the money, they don't extend very well. They are nicely balanced in the manner in which the HD580/HD600 is and those were some of the top phones for almost a decade. Imaging and soundstage is very nice. Detail is there, but could be better (with more money spent). I think the RE262 is just a nice solid choice in it's price range. You don't get a wow factor, but you get a faithful reproduction of what you are playing.

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #30 of 53
I agree with this post. It is subjective. And that's why - from my subjective view - I put the GR07 slightly ahead of the FX700 and EX600. But I agree they all are great iems in their own ways.

Quote:
Triple.Fi 10 or FX700 definite win from that list.  The FX700 is warm while the Triple.Fi 10 is bright.

I would lean you slightly to the FX700 as it's a little better balanced and offers more detail.  The Triple.Fi 10 is more mindlessly fun though, but the coloration is more.

The idea of the GR07 being better than the FX700 is subjective.  From a broad spectrum viewpoint, I don't think they are far off from each other.  They are however geared quite a bit different from each other.  Personal preference plays a HUGE role in what one person likes versus another person.  I've used the GR07 and FX700 as well as many others.  Really, it stops becoming a matter of being absolutely better with these higher priced earphones and mostly becomes a matter of gearing and personal fitment to the preferences of the individual.  It's not that the FX700 or GR07 is better.  It's that they are different.  I liked the GR07 for certain reasons and disliked the GR07 for certain reasons.  I liked the FX700 for certain reasons and disliked the FX700 for certain reasons.  I do have my personal preference and favorites when it comes to earphones.  For example, I still like the Ortofon e-Q7 more than the FX700 or GR07.  Is the e-Q7 better?  Again, no.  It's simply different.  Once you get up to $150 and above, it's not really a matter of better or worse.  It's just a matter of trade-offs and gearing and how those fit your own personal preference.  the e-Q7 fits my preference better than either the FX700 or GR07, even the Triple.Fi 10 for that matter.  I personally favor the FX700 to the GR07 too, again due to my personal preferences.  Really, they all perform well in their own ways.  Each just performs well differently and makes different trade-offs.

When discussing emotional context in music, we are discussing the ability for the earphone to convey emotion.  Mostly this means that the earphone is very dynamic.  Dynamic range allows the ability for the earphone to present sounds loud or quiet and vary the range greatly between the two ends.  This in many regards is what allows the creation of emotion in music.  It isn't everything though.  I also do prefer to see a reasonable amount of decay and texturing too.  This helps provide length of a note to actually give time to describe the emotion well and the texturing means there is a reasonable level of detail and articulation of sounds to create meaningful information.  A very dynamic earphone with very short decay and little texture can sound ghostly and hollow, ex. RE262 and SE530.  An earphone with long decay that lacks dynamic range and texture is a bit monotone and lacks details and articulation.  An earphone with excellent texturing but lacks dynamic range may be detailed but lacks enough variation in the presentation to become very emotional.  It often takes a good mix of things.  I will say that texture and subsequently some decay is very important in filling out the presentation.  This helps create the space and presence of the music, the life.  However, once you have the life, you must animate it, and this is what dynamics do.  A lack of texture and decay means a lack of life.  Dynamics without life is just a ghostly experience.  However, life without animation is dead too.  You do need an earphone with a good mix of both.  For example, one of my favorite earphones in terms of emotional context is the UM3X, heavily textured and very dynamic.  The coloration is a big issue though as it was geared more for professional use.  However, this is why the Westone earphones like the W3 and W4 are really well liked.  Stepping away from IEMs, I've also really liked the OK1 earbuds for the same reason.  The ability to convey emotion is a tough thing to do sometimes.

Out of the group you picked, I would most heavily point you to the FX700.  I do slightly prefer the e-Q7 though to it, and I would definitely point you to Westone as options.  You really should be looking at something like the W3 or W4. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back